View Full Version : So, Why The Wait You Might Ask?

Jason Dunn
03-01-2004, 04:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=register' target='_blank'>http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=register</a><br /><br /></div>So, what took us a month to launch fully? We did what's called a "soft launch" on February 1st - we quietly opened the doors to let people post and talk, but we didn't kick it into high gear until today. The plan was to "hard launch" (i.e.: announce it everywhere) Why? The big wait was so that we could prepare several reviews, and collect prizes - that's right, prizes for YOU dear reader. ;-) <br /><br />We've partnered with some of the best companies out there in the world of digital media, including Ulead, Adobe, Microsoft, Shuttle, ADS Technologies, Verbatim, Picasa, muvee, ACD Systems, NTI, Pinnacle Systems, Griffin Technology, 55ware, and many more. So far, we have <b>over $8500 USD in prizes</b>, but you know what? It's not enough! :D I want the prize bucket to get even bigger, the prizes even more impressive, before we start the contest. How can you make sure you're entered in this contest you might ask? It's simple - <a href="http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=register">just be a registered member of our forums</a>. When the time comes (probably two weeks from now), we'll be picking names from people who have registered in our forums. So <a href="http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=register">register today!</a><br /><br />In the meantime, we're going to focus on bringing you the best in digital media news, views, rants and raves. We've got two great reviews coming up right after this, and lots of news up on deck. I've picked a great team to work with, a helpful community has started to form, and we're dropping the hammer: Digital Media Thoughts is here!

Lee Yuan Sheng
03-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Congratulations! =)

David Prahl
03-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Whoopee! The PPCT "Big Thinker" contest was about $2600 - this one is HUGE! 8O

Congrats on the launch, Jason!

Gary Sheynkman
03-01-2004, 08:01 PM
After months of anticipation this is a GRRRREAT way to start off this site!

Jonathon Watkins
03-01-2004, 09:31 PM
8O Indeed - that's a LOT of prizes - but then again - digital media are a lot more expensive than those other tech toys we talk about.

Good job getting those prizes! :way to go:

James Fee
03-01-2004, 09:33 PM
I excited to see it finally start up. All the luck guys!

Filip Norrgard
03-01-2004, 10:24 PM
over $8500 USD in prizes
8O Is that a typo :?:
Or, do I need new glasses/contact lenses? :wink:

Maybe it's time for me to go to sleep now and check that again tomorrow! :D

Btw, congrats Jason on the launch!

Jason Dunn
03-01-2004, 10:26 PM
over $8500 USD in prizes

We're at $8616 USD right now. The goal is $10,000. :D

possmann
03-01-2004, 10:35 PM
YOU GO! :rock on dude!:

By the way - PICK ME PICK ME!

mclaugh
03-02-2004, 12:17 AM
Daily reader to PPC Thoughts sees a post on his birthday for the official opening of DM Thoughts, which starts with a huge bang of a give away. Birthday Boy is pleased- perhaps btw my birthday today and this giveaway, I can temporarily stave the gadget hunger that burns within.......

David Prahl
03-02-2004, 12:21 AM
Jason just mentioned something about his lack of an avatar over at PocketPC Thoughts. Something special is happening tomorrow, he said...

Hmm....

My guess is "click the avatar and win a digital camera". :)

bandersnatch
03-02-2004, 05:36 AM
Congratulations, Jason! :D

Crocuta
03-02-2004, 06:18 AM
Congratulations, Jason, Suhit and Kent. I've been anxiously awaiting your startup here ever since you announced it on PPC Thoughts a while back. You've done an amazing job of starting out with some great content and a very impressive set of prizes. I'd be here anyway, but all those prizes make it even better. It makes me think back to that New Years event on PPC Thoughts and how much fun that was. You've really outdone yourselves. :way to go:

Suhit Gupta
03-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Congratulations, Jason, Suhit and Kent. I've been anxiously awaiting your startup here ever since ...
Thanks for the support. Hope to see you here often. :)

Suhit

Suhit Gupta
03-02-2004, 08:40 AM
But he has no avatar, what will you click on? (hmm, is that hint enough?!?) ;-)

Suhit

Filip Norrgard
03-02-2004, 10:30 AM
over $8500 USD in prizes

We're at $8616 USD right now. The goal is $10,000. :D
:shocked!: Holy smoke!

Well, good luck to all participating! ;) And thanks, Jason, for arranging this competition/raffle! :D

David Prahl
03-02-2004, 05:40 PM
But he has no avatar, what will you click on? (hmm, is that hint enough?!?) ;-)

Suhit

I meant that his avatar would be one of those annoying "punch the money" or "win a digital camera" banner ads.

Jonathon Watkins
03-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Still waiting.......... :P .......

What's it to be then? Another X-men figure, or something camera related?

Inquiring minds want to know..... :wink:

David Prahl
03-04-2004, 12:41 AM
How about a contest to see who can guess it?

My (second) guess is a new snazzy coded avatar that displays a mini-slideshow of pictures.

Jonathon Watkins
03-04-2004, 12:54 AM
Hmmmm, only thing is, that would break the avatar size rule.

I just don't see Jason having an animated avatar either. It just..... doesn't seem to be him. (Though now he'll probably prove me wrong. :wink:)

alanjrobertson
03-05-2004, 11:52 PM
Just wanted to say congrats on the new site - looking forward to reading some of the reviews!

Cheers

Alan