View Full Version : Hello, I'm Jason Dunn

Jason Dunn
03-01-2004, 04:00 PM
(cue <a href="http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Simpsons+Troy+Mcclure&sa=N&tab=wi">Troy McClure</a> voice) Hi. I'm Jason Dunn. You might recognize me from such Web sites as Pocket PC Thoughts and Smartphone Thoughts. I'm a digital media geek in every sense of the word, and here's a little bit about me.<br /><br />I've been a geek since age ten when I was given my first computer: a Laser 128 Apple IIe clone. From then on, I've had a love/hate relationship with technology - mostly love, but every so often something will go really wrong and I wonder if I should have been a dirt farmer. I'm a geek in the truest sense of the word: I love trying/buying new software and hardware, and I'm almost always in state of re-building the software on one computer or another. Digital media has always held a fascination for me - I remembering digitizing my first clip of video off a VHS tape back in 1996 or so, and being in awe that I now had an "everlasting" digital version. And I remember putting that video clip on my Web site and watching the bandwidth skyrocket - quite a learning experience! I enjoy taking photos and video, and creating ways of remembering those events (video, slideshows, DVDs, etc.). I have an archival streak - I feel it's incredibly important to preserve important memories, and with digital media formats, that's possible in some very interesting ways.<br /><br />Check out the rest of my bio on the <a href="http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/about.php">about page</a>, and feel free to ask questions. :wink:

backpackerx
03-01-2004, 04:03 PM
Can't wait to see what happens here in the future, Jason! Best of luck.

Paul Martin
03-01-2004, 04:07 PM
Congrats, Jason! It's nice to see ThoughtsMedia expand. Since I just got a digital camera, I'm adding DMT to my daily check list, along with PPCT. :D

Gary Sheynkman
03-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Congrats, Jason! It's nice to see ThoughtsMedia expand. Since I just got a digital camera, I'm adding DMT to my daily check list, along with PPCT. :D

You mean you havent already?! For shame!

Good luck JD!

Paul Martin
03-01-2004, 08:30 PM

You mean you havent already?! For shame!

Good luck JD!

:oops: Sorry, Gary. Hey, better late than never!

Paul

Jonathon Watkins
03-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Hey, there's only sooooooo many hours in the day. :wink:

Good to see everything coming together Jason! :P

JR
03-01-2004, 09:57 PM
Halilujah! I am a total neophyte with digital media and have been waiting impatiently for this site to launch into full gear.

Prepare for the questions! 8)

(OK, so I'm traveling for work right now and barely have time to type this post...so prepare for the questions in a couple weeks. :lol:).

dean_shan
03-01-2004, 11:31 PM
(cue Troy McClure (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Simpsons+Troy+Mcclure&sa=N&tab=wi) voice) Hi. I'm Jason Dunn. You might recognize me from such Web sites as Pocket PC Thoughts and Smartphone Thoughts. I'm a digital media geek in every sense of the word, and here's a little bit about me.

:rofl: I loved those episodes.

Christian
03-01-2004, 11:59 PM
Hey, there's only sooooooo many hours in the day. :wink:

Good to see everything coming together Jason! :P
As if it wasn't already hard enough to get work done :)
Good to see the Thoughts Universe expanding!

bbarker
03-02-2004, 12:18 AM
It looks terrific, Jason! I've been eager to see it officially launch.

I wonder if you could put a "sticky" posting at the top to welcome new users and introduce the site.