View Full Version : Interesting Band

backpackerx
02-28-2004, 09:09 PM
I recently read about a group named the minibosses in Wired magazine. I downloaded some music from their site and then bought their CD.
What makes them interesting is that they only play cover music from old Nintendo games. Pretty weird I know but strangely pretty cool. Turns out they are excellent musicians and the music definitely brings back memories of a trouble-free childhood wasting countless hours playing video games. It's old school but with a decidedly modern twist.
I figured the combination of music people and tech geeks here might like there stuff :) You can get some Mp3s on their site Minibosses (http://minibosses.com)
BTW, I have no affiliation with the band.

Gary Sheynkman
02-28-2004, 09:43 PM
their site is certainly complex :P

so this is what happens when you mix comic geeks and music 8O

I think DMT should start a coverband...only we would play classics like "no jason, not the barney avatar" and "gary, stop it with the polls"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is really cool actually, the video shows some serious skill
:rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!: :rock on dude!:

backpackerx
02-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I was impressed too. I think the coverband idea would bring unprecedented publicity to the site with international fame and recognition soon to follow. :D

Suhit Gupta
02-29-2004, 01:35 AM
Very cool. And you are so right about the memories, I can almost hear my mom telling me to stop playing/wasting my time and actually studying :).

And that site, clearly they spent weeks coming up with that look :-P.

Suhit

backpackerx
02-29-2004, 01:40 AM
hehe, yeah. I guess when they only charge $6 for their CD they can't afford a web developer! BTW, the CD is just slightly longer versions of the songs on the site plus some random road trip rambling.

Suhit Gupta
02-29-2004, 01:49 AM
hehe, yeah. I guess when they only charge $6 for their CD they can't afford a web developer! BTW, the CD is just slightly longer versions of the songs on the site plus some random road trip rambling.
How is it? Worth it?

Suhit

backpackerx
02-29-2004, 06:20 AM
Mainly just longer versions of the 2 Mp3s with 2 five min+ tracks of random band talk. Good quality and like I said, the musicianship is excellent.
Obviously there are no lyrics written along with the NES music.