View Full Version : Spiderman 2 Teaser Trailer Out!

Jason Dunn
02-10-2004, 11:22 PM
http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/

LOOKS AWESOME!

(I'm a comic geek you see...)

Gary Sheynkman
02-11-2004, 01:52 AM
Spider man rulez!

Definatly my favorite superhero..... after Flash and Janak

JR
02-11-2004, 04:25 AM
I saw this before the Return of the King. It looks awesome. I thought the first was great. It looks like they're keeping it up for the second. I'm definitely looking forward to this one!

Suhit Gupta
02-11-2004, 05:10 AM
Oh man, I hate watching previews for movies. Most of them usually give away so much that it isn't fun watching the movie. I prefer reading reviews by critics and peers as they rate the movie and actor's performances without giving anything away. BTW, staying away from the traillers of the LOTR trilogy was perhaps the hardest, but well worth it :).

Suhit

Janak Parekh
02-11-2004, 06:43 AM
Oh man, I hate watching previews for movies.
You're a special case, though. :razzing: I think I'm 100% opposite. I like to know what's going to happen in a movie before I go into it. To me, it's not the conclusion, but the journey the movie takes to get there. ;)

--janak

Suhit Gupta
02-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Oh, I agree about the whole journey bit :), but there are movies that literally give the entire story away (including the often cliche ending) in the preview. One example that comes to mind is Swimfan. The preview indicated that it was perhaps one of the worst movies, and I happened to catch the 2 minute preview which basically showed me the entire movie. I knew to, (and in retrospect wisely so since it did turn out to be bad), stay away from it. However, from the point of view of the movie makers, they lost a customer by showing so much of it that they killed any hope of suspense. Of course, I probably would have stayed away from that movie in any case by reading critic reviews ;-).

You may also have heard about Bruce Almightly and the fact that people were so disappointed with the movie as all the funny scenes had already been shown in the previews. I can give a lot more examples, but...

Well, I guess I have to concede that the the previews also attract a significant amount of the population, so I am probably in the very small minority. Oh well...

Suhit

Jason Dunn
02-11-2004, 05:20 PM
I agree, many previews show too much of the movie - I prefer vague previews that show just a brief glimpse of what's coming...

ux4484
02-11-2004, 06:07 PM
This was a good one, I've been looking forward to "seeing" Doc Oc"...

Gary Sheynkman
02-12-2004, 02:12 AM
but then the problem of "good preview crappy movie" arises..Mafia from a couple years back is a great example

Jason Dunn
02-12-2004, 02:15 AM
but then the problem of "good preview crappy movie" arises..Mafia from a couple years back is a great example

Yeah, absolutely - a talented video editor can edit the WORST movie in the universe into a killer 60-second trailer. Hell, when I put lame home movies through muvee (http://www.muvee.com/?promo=jdunn), they look like a Jerry Bruckheimer production. :lol:

Janak Parekh
02-12-2004, 02:35 AM
Hell, when I put lame home movies through muvee (http://www.muvee.com/?promo=jdunn), they look like a Jerry Bruckheimer production. :lol:
Sounds like you're in the wrong business then. :lol:

--janak