View Full Version : I'll start it off

Mr. MacinTiger
02-04-2004, 03:59 AM
Check out:

http://www.dotmac.info

It's basiclly a site that catlogs people's .mac homepages. You'll find an amazing variety of Quicktime movies, digital photo albums, and dig music there. Great site!

Jason Dunn
02-04-2004, 05:12 PM
I went there and it locked up Internet Explorer on Windows XP. Is that like a "Mac only" thing? :lol:

Suhit Gupta
02-04-2004, 05:21 PM
I agree, both Internet Explorer, and Avantbrowser hung quite badly. I had to use Mozilla and/or Firebird to see the site.

Suhit

Janak Parekh
02-04-2004, 05:26 PM
I agree, both Internet Explorer, and Avantbrowser hung quite badly. I had to use Mozilla and/or Firebird to see the site.
Of course, most Mac users nowadays don't use IE (or any IE wrappers), so they wouldn't notice it. Browsers should never hang in an ideal world, but HTML should also be coded not to be browser-specific. Oh well. :|

--janak

Mr. MacinTiger
02-06-2004, 01:36 AM
:oops:

Sorry about that y'all...I didn't know that it would lock up with Windows XP IE...
That's kinda weird though...I swear that I have used Mozilla Firebird on a Win 2000 system looking at it and it worked fine?

Also works well under IE for OS X and of course Safari....

The webmaster SHOULD make it cross-platform and cross-broswer compatible, of course. Isn't it ironic that Mac folks are always complaining that MS IE excludes us from a number of sites and then here we go making a site "Mac-exclusive?"

I'll try it again tomorrow at work on a PC and get back to ya. :D

Suhit Gupta
02-06-2004, 01:58 AM
:oops:
Sorry about that y'all...I didn't know that it would lock up with Windows XP IE...
That's kinda weird though...I swear that I have used Mozilla Firebird on a Win 2000 system looking at it and it worked fine?

But I said that it does work on Mozilla and/or Firebird on Windows XP. It seems to only fail when running on the IE/WinXP combination. Must be that if(browser==IE) browser.crash(now); statement in the source ;-)

Suhit