View Full Version : Acid Users?

Jason Dunn
02-02-2004, 04:39 AM
No, not THAT kind of acid you dope fiends! :lol:

I'm talking about Acid, the sampling program from Sonic Foundry - although now Sony owns them. I'm kind of worried that Sony will screw it up and make it like most other Sony software that I've seen. ie: bloated and dumbed-down...

I haven't dabbled with it in a while, but it was huge fun when I did - anyone else mixed up any tunes lately? Want to share?

Kent Pribbernow
02-02-2004, 05:01 AM
Acid and Vegas are probably the two best professional audio and video applications on Windows. I too was a little skeptical of Sony's motives, but right now nothing seems to be happening. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

By the way, if no one has yet seen all the various loops and add-ons and tools for Acid, check out AcidPlanet (http://www.acidplanet.com).

Suhit Gupta
02-02-2004, 05:46 AM
Acid (the music editing software) rocks... All Hail! :werenotworthy:

Though, I am more optimistic about Sony's control over Acid.

Suhit

TimH
02-10-2004, 03:38 AM
Acid and Vegas are probably the two best professional audio and video applications on Windows. I too was a little skeptical of Sony's motives, but right now nothing seems to be happening. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

By the way, if no one has yet seen all the various loops and add-ons and tools for Acid, check out AcidPlanet (http://www.acidplanet.com).

In what way do you mean best, just out of curiosity? I think protools, Nuendo, Cubase SX et. al. Are more powerful, especially on the audio end of things.

Steven Hughes
03-04-2004, 07:41 PM
I still use an older version of Acid and Acid loops, I have found no reason to upgrade, I am also a big fan of Sonic Foundry/Sony's SoundForge and have used it for years(I think almost 10 years... 8O ) and still switch between that and Cool Edit Pro 2 since they can share filters(I invested a few bucks in them and some of them now come with the latest versions of the software)... Reason and ProTools are good too, but for simple sound editing/mixing I prefer SoundForge and Cool Edit Pro.

I have yet to try Vegas 4 for DVD editing (the cost is kinda high), but I have been pleased with the results from the previous version of Vegas, the lines between the different software packages are starting to blur... like Ulead Video Studio, Sonic's MyDVD,etc...

Another easy to use program for video is muvee, which comes bundled with many video capture cards..

A great future article would be a comparison of the the different video editors as well as having everyone chime in, on what they think is the best program and best program for the buck...

:D

Suhit Gupta
03-05-2004, 02:55 AM
I still use an older version of Acid and Acid loops, I have found no reason to upgrade...
Why not? Have you seen some of the cool new features in Acid 4? :)

Suhit