View Full Version : Tip: More Podcasts

Adam Krebs
12-16-2007, 11:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://metrointerstellar.com/2007/12/zune-podcast-hack-using-itunes.html' target='_blank'>http://metrointerstellar.com/2007/12/zune-podcast-hack-using-itunes.html</a><br /><br /></div>&quot;<em>Ok - I know this might seem backwards, but here me out.&nbsp; You can use *coughs* iTunes *coughs* to get more FREE podcast content on your Zune</em>... <em>Let's face it.&nbsp; Zune doesn't have a ton of choices (yet) while iTunes, which has been at this for quite some time now, has a huge selection ready for download!&nbsp; They're in the same format (mp4) and once you get them to the Zune Software, you can manage them from there - all you need is the initial download from iTunes!&nbsp; So If you can bear using that 'other' media software, click to find out how....</em>&quot;<br /><br />I can't bring myself to say more about this. Those needing a larger podcast database should by all means find themselves satisfied with iTunes' more mature collection. Just don't come back wondering what that funky odor coming from your keyboard is. <br /><br />Check ZuneBoards for an excellent and picture-filled step-by-step. Just keep in mind that only the new Zune models (the 4/8 and 80) can natively read mp4 files. If you have a 30, the software'll automatically transcode to a lower-quality file.

Macguy59
12-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Yeah Redmond does have a unique smell about it.

Adam Krebs
12-17-2007, 02:28 AM
Yeah Redmond does have a unique smell about it.
The main difference I see between Redmond and Cupertino (having visited and enjoyed both) is that the residents of the former don't think their byproduct smells better than everyone else's. :p

Gavino1212
12-17-2007, 06:47 AM
I already use the itunes podcast database for podcasts on my zune30. Haven't had a problem yet. I'm not such an audiophile that I get all in to the variables in sound quality.

I listen to mostly sermons from podcasts and they sound just fine. But it's a great tip for those not in the know.:)