View Full Version : Zune a Black Friday Hit!

David Tucker
11-24-2007, 02:39 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/line_3817___article.html/zune_toys.html' target='_blank'>http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/line_3817___article.html/zune_toys.html</a><br /><br /></div><em>&quot;&ldquo;Push &lsquo;em out of line!&rdquo; &ldquo;If they get in first, I&rsquo;m going to sue!&rdquo; These were the sounds of Black Friday outside of Toys &lsquo;R&rsquo; us in Victorville. And what was it that sparked this outpouring of holiday cheer? For many it was Microsoft&rsquo;s Zune MP3 player, the answer to Apple&rsquo;s iPod.&quot;</em><br /><br />Well, if anything, this is proof that at the right price, people will buy anything! I find this sort of story pretty humorous but not necessarily a meaningful statement about the Zune&rsquo;s popularity. I remember two years ago when Best Buy had some incredible deals on some inexpensive Sandisk players that people were falling all over themselves to get. The difference there was that Best Buy had a huge inventory of the things (I got my brother one as a gift). The important thing for these types of deals is that it really gets people interested in devices they might normally ignore. It certainly hasn&rsquo;t hurt Sandisk over the past couple of years.<br /><br />So how many of you went out for the &lsquo;Black Friday&rsquo; experience?

serpico
11-24-2007, 03:52 AM
I stayed home and backed up / converted all my itune song purchases. Ya boring but Canada doesn't have much of a Black Friday. ;)

Rocco Augusto
11-24-2007, 07:45 AM
I know better than to go out on Black Friday... It's dangerous! :D

randalllewis
11-24-2007, 05:25 PM
I did my part. I not only went out on Black Friday, but I went to Besy Buy (at a far more reasonable 11am) and bought some Zune accessories. I watched people in the MP3 section of the store for a while and there was lots of attention to the chunky new iPods and the Touch, though I didn't actually witness anyone purchase one while I was there. The store had a decent selection of 4 and 8 GB Zunes and a few 30s as well. No 80s. The Zunes were displayed on the same shelf unit as the iPods and Touches, which is a nice sign. The Sansas, Zens and the rest were off by themselves.

Rocco Augusto
11-24-2007, 10:35 PM
I did my part. I not only went out on Black Friday, but I went to Besy Buy...

And you lived to tell the tale! You my friend, are a much braver man than I. :p

Chris Gohlke
11-25-2007, 04:57 AM
Got a 22 inch LCD monitor at target for $150 and two Microsoft Wireless Desktop 4000's at Staples for $25 a pop. I consider it a win.

BugDude10
11-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Interesting: The Circuit City flyer that came in the mail on Saturday had the Zune 4 listed at $215 USD. A little gouging due to popularity?