View Full Version : Library Metadata all messed up

priesmeyer
11-16-2007, 03:59 PM
I think when I installed the software Tuesday morning I made the mistake of telling it to go ahead and connect to the internet and update my library as you deem necessary.

At any rate, I have a lot of metadata problems and album art issues - my Zunecard is reporting my listening to stuff I haven't listened to in ages because it thinks the Cult are the Commodores.

The problem is, I can't find a good way to edit through all this inside the Zune software. Is there a way to maintain your library in there? The aforementioned example looks fine in WMP11. How do we correct the Zune library info?

Jason Dunn
11-16-2007, 05:20 PM
At any rate, I have a lot of metadata problems and album art issues - my Zunecard is reporting my listening to stuff I haven't listened to in ages because it thinks the Cult are the Commodores.

Try the instructions in this thread:

http://forums.thoughtsmedia.com/showthread.php?t=23508

It seems to have fixed the few problems I had, but mine weren't too bad. If you're still having issues after those two fixes, I'd say there's an actual problem with your metadata. One solution: MediaMonkey (http://www.mediamonkey.com).

priesmeyer
11-16-2007, 05:41 PM
That's perfect; I'm trying it now. So far, the rebuilding looks good.

However, what about editing within the app- has that been left out?

Someone else told me about MediaMonkey recently. I'll give that a look as well.

priesmeyer
11-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Still have some inconsistencies. Lemonheads and Living Colour are being lumped under Led Zeppelin. I'm looking at the catalog in media monkey and everything looks perfect. Weird.

Jason Dunn
11-17-2007, 02:08 AM
Still have some inconsistencies. Lemonheads and Living Colour are being lumped under Led Zeppelin. I'm looking at the catalog in media monkey and everything looks perfect. Weird.

Ugg. That's nasty then if, even after a re-build, the tags are screwed up and you're sure they're correct.

What the heck were they thinking when they were supposed to be beta testing this....:confused:

priesmeyer
11-19-2007, 02:19 AM
I like how they have updated the software for those who haven't installed it yet but have no course of action for those of us affected already. Yes, testing ahead of launch would have been fun.

Jason Dunn
11-20-2007, 06:28 PM
I like how they have updated the software for those who haven't installed it yet but have no course of action for those of us affected already.

Yeah, I find that VERY baffling as well...:confused: