View Full Version : Just got pushed a Zune software update...

justrick
11-15-2007, 09:59 PM
But I have no idea what changed or got fixed. Anyone spot an update list anywhere? Also, I can't see how to find the version number in the new Zune app; where's it hiding?

Sven Johannsen
11-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Are you talking new desktop zune software or new Zune Device firmware. Both were released on the 13th. The desktop software serves to dumb down the Zune experience. You can no longer edit tags within it and you can eiter love or hate your tunes (no 5 point rating scale). They have also reduced the compatibility with Media Player it seems, in that you cannot create playlists in media player and 'import' them. You are stuck with what I would consider a relatively lackluster playlist management system.

On the hardware, it has been upgraded to the same capabilites as the Zune 2.0 devices...almost. There are a couple of media formats that aren't supported, though you have more than you did. The new firmware lets you sync your Zune via WiFi (not just share tunes) but it does not support as secure an encryption as a native 2.0 device.

Head over to www.zune.net (http://www.zune.net) for lots of info.