View Full Version : Wireless not working

aceswerling
11-13-2007, 04:48 PM
I just upgraded my Zune 30 to v2.2 firmware. I'm trying to set up wireless sync. I had TKIP encryption turned on, wasn't broadcasting the SSID, and configured an 802.11g-only network. The Zune couldn't see my network so I backed all this out. I turned off encryption, turned on SSID broadcasting, and enabled 802.11b wireless. The Zune gives me an error message saying it can't see the network. There are no additional details.

I'm running DD-WRT on a Linksys box. This is a very standard configuration and I've never had wireless problems before.

Any ideas?

eufreka
11-13-2007, 09:20 PM
I just upgraded my Zune 30 to v2.2 firmware. I'm trying to set up wireless sync. I had TKIP encryption turned on, wasn't broadcasting the SSID, and configured an 802.11g-only network. The Zune couldn't see my network so I backed all this out. I turned off encryption, turned on SSID broadcasting, and enabled 802.11b wireless. The Zune gives me an error message saying it can't see the network. There are no additional details.

I'm running DD-WRT on a Linksys box. This is a very standard configuration and I've never had wireless problems before.

Any ideas?

It all worked well for me and I don't broadcast my ssid and I use WEP128key. I also have MAC filtering on...so I had to find out how to get the MAC address of my zune30 (on the device: Settings|Wireless|Information...) I had to do this FIRST so that the zune software could (guessing here) psuedo-acquire the IP number BEFORE it could see my network (I say "psuedo" because the zune30 is connected via usb during the process).

After that, it worked fine.

EDIT: and I am running thibor hyperwrt firmware on my linksys wireless router...