View Full Version : Dumb question

leslietroyer
11-12-2007, 04:39 PM
I've been a smartphone user for the past 4-5 years. Love the phone & don't do much customization. My wife has set her phone a cingular 2125 so the "normal" ring profile is pleasure mode (vibrate). She receintly agreed that my if I could set it up - an incomming call from my phone could be "allowed" to ring. -- well I set a custom ring on my number -- and tested it out --- still vibrates. Am I missing something???? how do I get a number to ring when the normal ring is vibrate -- Note - her phone is NOT set to silent -- the normal ring is just set to vibrate.

Thanks

LEs

Mike Temporale
11-13-2007, 02:36 AM
Instead of Vibrate, set the ringtone to none. Then edit the profile and change the Ring Type from "ring" to "ring and vibrate". Now, when a call comes in, it will play your ringtone - which doesn't make any noise but will cause the phone to vibrate. And now, a custom ringtone should override the default tone of none. :cool:

leslietroyer
11-13-2007, 05:25 PM
OK -- Ill give it a try.

Mike Temporale
11-14-2007, 03:54 AM
Let us know how it goes

leslietroyer
11-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Didn't work just got the vibration -- no custom ring tones. The wife went to a cingular (oops ATT) store with my techie daughter in tow. They told her that as long as you have vibrate as a "option" the custom ring tone "feature" is disabled. So if you have ring & vibrate selected, with a normal ringtone -- the 2125 will ignore any custom ring tones you may have selected.

I could start RANTING about how stupid this is -- but am wondering if this is a feature of this Cingular phone or all WM phones in general.

I can't believe I'm the only one who would want the phone to act this way -- In fact I can see wanting some numbers to ring thru regardless of the settings (ie the company president, you want him to get your attention regardless of the fact that you are in a meeting and it switched to silent....)

LEs

Islanti
11-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Didn't work just got the vibration -- no custom ring tones.Check out this (http://www.novomobile.com/smartfilter.php) program. You should be able to create a profile where your number rings through but others are blocked. Not exactly what you want I realize, but another option.