View Full Version : Outlook 2007: SmartPhone corrupting shutdown?

nycsmartphone
10-01-2007, 08:50 PM
About 90% of the time I start Outlook 2007 I get a message saying Outlook had not previously shutdown properly and the file is being checked for errors. I am warned that this can affect the performance of my computer which it does to such an extent such that the computer is unusable for several minutes while the check is done. Once this is done everything is fine, no errors or data problems.

I am convinced this is caused by my 3125 which I leave connected to Outlook via bluetooth and WMDC all the time while the computer is on. I usually just turn off the computer and go on my way, never disconnecting the phone first before shutting down the computer. I think this causes Outlook to shut down improperly because it is still connected to the phone while the computer is shutting down.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions/fixes? Or, considering all the WMDC problems I read about, just be happy that this sync works without any apparent damage to my data or the Outlook file and disconnect the phone before shutdown? The phone connects automatically using BTautosync but I see no option for it to disconnect automatically.

Mike Temporale
10-02-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm really starting to hate outlook. It's bloated and buggy. Unfortunately, it's required to sync with Windows Mobile. :mad:

If you're phone is connected and sync'ing with your desktop, then outlook is still open in the background. You should try disconnecting your phone about 5 minutes before you turn off your computer. This should give Outlook enough time to close. Sucks, eh?