View Full Version : Mobile 6 setup questions

MGully88
08-13-2007, 09:48 PM
I just recently received my unlocked HTC S710 (it replaced my AudioVox SMT5600). I like the design and the large screen is money. Mobile 6 seems a bit sluggish when changing between features but nothing that I can't live with. The questions that I have about some general setup:

1. I had a little issue with my laptop over the weekend so I saved all my contacts on my sim card and loaded them in so I could immediately use the phone but now that I have the Outlook contacts in the phone I don't want the sim contacts to show up. How do I not list these when I click contacts?

2. The phone is not setup to dial/indicate messages for my AT&T voicemail. What are the steps to set this up?

3. Finally I had setup my Vox to use the unlimited MediaMax package for my internet use. I used the guide that was posted a while back to set it up and wondering if I can still use this in Mobile 6?

I'm sure other things will come up that your expert advise will be able to assist me with.

Mike Temporale
08-14-2007, 01:57 PM
1. I had a little issue with my laptop over the weekend so I saved all my contacts on my sim card and loaded them in so I could immediately use the phone but now that I have the Outlook contacts in the phone I don't want the sim contacts to show up. How do I not list these when I click contacts?

There should be a SIM Manager somewhere on that phone. HTC tends to include it. If you run that and remove the contacts from your SIM, you should be fine.

2. The phone is not setup to dial/indicate messages for my AT&T voicemail. What are the steps to set this up?

Voicemail should automatically be setup. Just press and hold #1. If that doesn't work, then I have no idea. It's always worked for me. Might be a problem with your SIM.

3. Finally I had setup my Vox to use the unlimited MediaMax package for my internet use. I used the guide that was posted a while back to set it up and wondering if I can still use this in Mobile 6?

Sure, I don't see why not. I don't think any of the connection settings changed between WinMo5 and 6.