View Full Version : Server upgrade "broke" IMAP - any thoughts?

onlydarksets
08-04-2007, 02:07 PM
My hosting company (Surpass Hosting) converted to a new mail server, and, in doing so, "broke" IMAP for Mobile Outlook. The problem is that I am unable to delete items from my Q. What happens is:

Delete item
Sync
Sync again
Item is re-downloadedI found this article about WM5 not fully supporting IMAP namespaces. Specifically: "Some servers use delimiters that we do not recognize"

http://blogs.msdn.com/outlook_mobile/archive/2006/08/14/699948.aspx

I noticed that my IMAP folders in Outlook got messed up, too, and I had to change the "Root folder path" to "INBOX" to get the folders back. That would suggest to me that this is on the right track.

So, my questions:

Has anyone else experienced this?
If so, were you able to fix it (and how)?
In the alternative, does anyone have a hosting provider with whom IMAP is working? I have no problems jumping ship.Thanks!

onlydarksets
08-04-2007, 02:29 PM
I should mention, I already have an Exchange server setup (for work), so I can't just go with Mail2Web. I specifically need IMAP.

Thanks!

scottb
08-04-2007, 10:34 PM
I don't know of this helps you but Mail2Web does provide IMAP access if you want to give that a try. I tried it for a short time and it worked fine.

Mike Temporale
08-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Yup - That's a bug that's been around for a while. The problem was that a lot of IMAP servers had the inbox and other folders at the root. This is changing and as such the bug is getting more attention. Luckily, the bug is fixed in WinMo6. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do on WinMo5 - Either switch to another hosting company or use POP. Sucks eh?:(