View Full Version : Wondering What's Going On?

JohnnyFlash
07-26-2007, 08:34 PM
You may have visited Smartphone Thoughts today and seen a bizarre error and wondered what's going on - well, we were in the midst of migrating Smartphone Thoughts to a new template, and a new set of forums (based on vBulletin rather than phpBB). We didn't expect the whole front page to break when we locked the forums to prevent new posts, but that's exactly what happened, and thus the error you were seeing.

Because we can't lock the forums without breaking the front page, and because we can't migrate new data after we started this AM, here's our only option: not to post new stuff until we complete the migration. Anything that you post from now until when we move to the new system will be lost. I wish there was another way, but we're

Now here's the good news: we've migrated your username and all your posts, so when we flip the switch on the new template and new forums, you'll be able to log in just the same as before. Things will look a bit different, but it's the same Smartphone Thoughts you know and love, only with a more modern design, a better forum system (we have an awesome new anti-spam system in place), and hopefully more speed.

Stand by for good things. And remember, please don't post anything you don't want to vanish.

UPDATE: Things are going from bad to worse. Fabrizio, who's doing the migration, has the world's worst DSL connection, and it keeps dropping his Internet access. So at the moment all we can do is wait. Sorry... :(

JohnnyFlash
07-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Sounds exciting! Any idea when the new site will be up?

JohnnyFlash
07-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Sounds exciting! Any idea when the new site will be up?

From what I was told, sometime soonish! ;)

Hooray for new look and feel!

JohnnyFlash
07-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Anything that you post from now until when we move to the new system will be lost. I wish there was another way, but we're

End of sentence got lost too? :lol:

JohnnyFlash
07-27-2007, 06:25 PM
At least we know all the new "FOR SALE" posts will vanish. :D

JohnnyFlash
07-27-2007, 06:42 PM
At least we know all the new "FOR SALE" posts will vanish. :D

Hey, whats that?! They magically vanished already! ;)