View Full Version : Propblem with the Zune

tonster91
07-29-2007, 10:45 AM
i dont know if it's the right section but i'm havin a little comoplication with my zune and i was wondering if any of you zune geniuses have any suggestions.

So, when i first got my zune, with all the standard videos they were broken down in sections: All Videos | Music Videos | Movies (i think those r the ones they were).... but now, since I deleted those videos, and uploaded my own.... there only seems to be the "All Videos" section...

anybody got any answers?

thanks in advance

David Tucker
07-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Actually to the best of my knowledge there simply is no way to do that. That's actually something that I think needs a major update. :(

tonster91
07-30-2007, 10:53 AM
so you have the same problem?

David Tucker
07-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah I put lots of videos on mine and I've not figured out a way to get mine organized. :(

Jason Dunn
07-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Yeah, this is a meta-data issue and I don't know if there's an easy way to change it.

Looks like there might be something useful related to this topic on the Zune.net site.

http://www.zune.net/en-us/support/howto/start/providecontent.htm

tonster91
07-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Yeah, this is a meta-data issue and I don't know if there's an easy way to change it.

Looks like there might be something useful related to this topic on the Zune.net site.

http://www.zune.net/en-us/support/howto/start/providecontent.htm

thanks for the info.... i found the section but unfortunately i do not understand it:

Metadata Recommendations for Video Content
You can also add metadata to categorize video content according to the categories available on the Zune device:

Movies
Music Videos
TV ShowsThe Zune device displays these menu items if it contains any content that has the appropriate MediaClassPrimaryID and MediaClassSecondaryID fields set. If a video does not have these fields set, it is not categorized and is displayed on the device in the "All Videos" list.
Recommended metadata fields for various content categories are outlined in the following tables.

Video
Recommended metadata fields for video that doesn't fall into any of the defined categories are listed in the following table.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=425 border=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Metadata Name </TD><TD>Windows Media Format SDK Name </TD><TD>Description </TD><TD>Notes</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Title</TD><TD>Title</TD><TD>The title (or name) of the video that is displayed to the user.</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Description </TD><TD>WM/SubTitleDescription</TD><TD>The description of the contents of the video displayed to the user. </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Author </TD><TD>Author</TD><TD>The creator of the video. </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Date </TD><TD>WM/Year</TD><TD>The date the video was created. </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Genre </TD><TD>WM/Genre </TD><TD>A classification or category type for the video. </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Primary Media Type</TD><TD>WM/MediaClassPrimaryID </TD><TD>A GUID that indicates that the media file is a video.</TD><TD>GUID should be: DB9830BD-3AB3-4FAB-8A37-1A995F7FF74B</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>ISAN </TD><TD>WM/ISAN </TD><TD>An ISO standard (15706-2) global identifier for commercial audiovisual works. </TD><TD>For more information, see www.isan.org. (http://www.isan.org/)</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Ad-ID </TD><TD>WM/ADID </TD><TD>An advertising industry standard for commercial advertising identification.</TD><TD>For more information, see www.ad-id.org (http://www.ad-id.org/).</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Note
In the initial release of Zune, WM/Year, Author, and WM/Genre metadata does not transfer to the Zune device. This will be addressed in future updates.

The Ad-ID and ISAN codes are for commercial use only and are not visible.Some licenses require the encoding of ISAN and Ad-ID codes in the media. For more information, check with your provider.

Movie
Recommended metadata fields for trailers, feature length films, and short form films are listed in the following table.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=425 border=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Metadata Name </TD><TD>Windows Media Format SDK Name</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Description</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Notes</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Movie Name</TD><TD>Title</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>The name (or title) of the movie that is displayed to the user. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Description </TD><TD>WM/SubTitleDescription</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>The description of the contents of the movie displayed to the user. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Actors</TD><TD>Author</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Listing of the actors in the movie.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Names separated by a semicolon.</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Parental Rating </TD><TD>WM/ParentalRating</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>The rating of the trailer or film. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Ratings should be: G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17, NR</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Parental Rating System </TD><TD>WM/ParentalRatingSystem</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>The rating system used to rate the trailer or film. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>MPAA/CARA For more information, see www.mpaa.org (http://www.mpaa.org/FilmRatings.asp).</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Release Year</TD><TD>WM/Year</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>The year the movie was released.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Release Date</TD><TD>WM/OriginalBroadcastDateTime</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>The date the movie was released.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Genre </TD><TD>WM/Genre</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>The movie classification or category type. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Primary Media Type </TD><TD>WM/MediaClassPrimaryID</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>A GUID that indicates that the media file is a video. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>GUID should be:
DB9830BD-3AB3-4FAB-8A37-1A995F7FF74B</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Secondary Media Type </TD><TD>
WM/MediaClassSecondaryID </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>A GUID that indicates that the video file is a movie. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>GUID should be:
A9B87FC9-BD47-4BF0-AC4F-655B89F7D868</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>ISAN </TD><TD>WM/ISAN </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>An ISO standard (15706-2) global identifier for commercial audiovisual works.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>For more information, see www.isan.org. (http://www.isan.org/)</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Ad-ID </TD><TD>WM/ADID </TD><TD>An advertising industry standard for commercial advertising identification.</TD><TD>For more information, see www.ad-id.org (http://www.ad-id.org/).</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Notes
In the initial release of Zune, Author, WM/Year, WM/Genre, WM/OriginalBroadcastDateTime, WM/ParentalRating, and WM/ParentalRatingSystem metadata does not transfer to the Zune device. This will be addressed in future updates.
The Ad-ID and ISAN codes are for commercial use only and will not be visible. Some licenses require the encoding of ISAN and Ad-ID codes in the media. For more information, check with your provider.

Music Videos
Recommended metadata fields for music videos are listed in the following table.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=425 border=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Metadata Name </TD><TD>Windows Media Format SDK Name </TD><TD>Description </TD><TD>Notes</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Title</TD><TD>Title </TD><TD>The name (or title) of the music video that is displayed to the user. </TD><TD>Normally the same as the title of the music track.</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Description </TD><TD>WM/SubTitleDescription</TD><TD>The description of the contents of the music video displayed to the user. </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Artist </TD><TD>Author</TD><TD>The artist associated with the music video. </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Parental Rating </TD><TD>WM/ParentalRating </TD><TD>The rating of the music video content. </TD><TD>Ratings should be:
Explicit Content - Parental Advisory, Edited Version, Not Rated</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Parental Rating System </TD><TD>WM/ParentalRatingSystem</TD><TD>The rating system used for rating the music video content. </TD><TD>RIAA, TV Guidelines</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>ReleaseYear </TD><TD>WM/Year </TD><TD>
The year the music video was released. </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Genre </TD><TD>WM/Genre</TD><TD>The video classification or category type. </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Primary Media Type </TD><TD>WM/MediaClassPrimaryID</TD><TD>A GUID that indicates that the media file is a video. </TD><TD>GUID should be:
DB9830BD-3AB3-4FAB-8A37-1A995F7FF74B</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Secondary Media Type </TD><TD>WM/MediaClassSecondaryID</TD><TD>A GUID that indicates that the video file is a music video. </TD><TD>GUID should be:
E3E689E2-BA8C-4330-96DF-A0EEEFFA6876</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>ISAN </TD><TD>WM/ISAN </TD><TD>An ISO standard (15706-2) global identifier for commercial audiovisual works.</TD><TD>For more information, see www.isan.org. (http://www.isan.org/)</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Ad-ID </TD><TD>
WM/ADID </TD><TD>An advertising industry standard for commercial advertising identification.</TD><TD>For more information, see www.ad-id.org (http://www.ad-id.org/).</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>GRid </TD><TD>WM/GRID</TD><TD>An music industry standard for commercial music identification. </TD><TD>For more information, see ifpi.org/site-content/grid (http://www.ifpi.org/site-content/grid/index.html)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Notes
In the initial release of Zune, Author, WM/ParentalRating, WM/ParentalRatingSystem, Genre, and WM/Year metadata does not transfer to the Zune device. This will be addressed in future updates.
The Ad-ID, ISAN and Grid codes are for commercial use only and will not be visible.Some licenses require the encoding of these codes in the media. For more information, check with your provider.

TV Shows
Recommended metadata fields for TV shows or episodes are listed in the following table.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=425 border=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Metadata Name </TD><TD>Windows Media Format SDK Name</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Description</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Notes</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Series Name </TD><TD>Title </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Name (or title) of the TV series displayed to the user. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Episode Title</TD><TD>WM/SubTitle </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Name (or title) of the episode of the TV series displayed to the user.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Episode Description</TD><TD>WM/SubTitleDescription</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>The description of the episode displayed to the user. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Actors</TD><TD>Author </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Listing of the actors in the episode.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Names separated by a semicolon.</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Release Year </TD><TD>WM/Year</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>The year the episode was first aired. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Release Date</TD><TD>WM/OriginalBroadcastDateTime</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>The date the episode first aired. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Parental Rating</TD><TD>WM/ParentalRating</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>The rating of the episode. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Ratings should be:
TV-Y, TV-Y7, TV-Y7 FV, TV-G, TV-PG,
TV-14, TV-MA, NR</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Parental Rating System</TD><TD>WM/ParentalRatingSystem</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>The rating system used for rating the episode. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Rating system should be TV Guidelines.
For more information, see tvguidelines.org (http://www.tvguidelines.org/ratings.asp)
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Network</TD><TD>WM/TVNetworkAffiliation</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>The network on which the episode first aired.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Genre</TD><TD>WM/Genre </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>The TV show classification or category type.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Primary Media Type</TD><TD>WM/MediaClassPrimaryID</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>A GUID that indicates that the media file is a video. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>GUID should be:
DB9830BD-3AB3-
4FAB-8A37-1A995F7FF74B</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Secondary Media Type</TD><TD>WM/MediaClassSecondaryID</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>A GUID that indicates that the video file is a TV show.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>GUID should be:
BA7F258A-62F7-47A9-
B21F-4651C42A000E</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>ISAN </TD><TD>WM/ISAN </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>An ISO standard (15706-2) global identifier for commercial audiovisual works.</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>For more information, see isan.org (http://www.isan.org/).</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD>Ad-ID </TD><TD>WM/ADID </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>An advertising industry standard for commercial advertising identification. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>For more information, see ad-id.org (http://www.ad-id.org/).</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Notes
In the initial release of Zune, Author, WM/Year, WM/OriginalBroadcastDateTime, WM/ParentalRating, WM/ParentalRatingSystem, and WM/TVNetworkAffiliation metadata does not transfer to the Zune device. This will be addressed in future updates.The Ad-ID and ISAN codes are for commercial use only and will not be visible. Some licenses require the encoding of these codes in the media. For more information, check with your provider.

For more detailed information about any of these metadata attributes, see the Suggested Attributes by File Type section of the MSDN article Windows Media Metadata Usage Guidelines (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwmt/html/WM_Metadata_Usage.asp).

yes, yes, i know... it's very long... but if anybody can put in simpler terms i would be very grateful..

Jason Dunn
07-30-2007, 10:38 PM
I left the page open myself, so I'll dig into it and let you know...

David Tucker
07-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Ok, I understand what its saying. Basically you have to manually edit the meta-data tags and its very specific about what you need to do to get your stuff organized. Basically, they haven't put any effort into letting us easily organize our videos yet. :(

You can get software to help you do this. But it will be time consuming.