View Full Version : Blackjack on Rogers suddenly no service, please help

briffdogg12
07-24-2007, 09:50 PM
hi, ive had the blackjack unlocked for about 6 months now and suddenly the antenna reception doesnt receive signal at all, i cant recieve or make any calls, i even tried my friends fido sim and same error message No Service, if anyone can please help me it would be much apreciated, thanks

Mike Temporale
07-25-2007, 02:20 AM
I have deleted the 3 other posts you made about this. Please post ONLY ONCE. :evil:

Now, in regards to your question; HAve you flashed your device with a leaked ROM by chance? Leaked ROMs are not official for a reason. You shouldn't expect production quality.

Have you dropped your phone? Sounds to me like the antenna might have lost its connection. If it's just your phone, meaning your SIM works in other devices, and you have done a hard reset to make sure that some crap 3rd party app isn't blocking things, then I would take it apart and check the antenna connection.

briffdogg12
07-25-2007, 03:46 AM
hello, sorry about all the other posts, just trying to get the most opinions, thank you for your input, i havnt flashed the device at all, and the phone has been dropped 2 times in the past but way before it stopped service, the sim works in other phones just not the blackjack for some reason, and ive done a reset throuhj the menu options, is that a hard reset or soft reset? is it hard and or dangerous to open the phne and how can i find out how and where the antenna is located inside?

briffdogg12
07-25-2007, 03:54 AM
Also i tried calling the police also with and without the sim and nothing, so i guess it must have to do with the internal antenna, what do you think?

Mike Temporale
07-25-2007, 04:32 AM
Why are you calling police? That's not a smart idea. Unless of course, you are in trouble and need help. Otherwise you're just going to clog up the switch board and risk blocking out someone who does need help. Yes, a GSM phone should dial 911 with or without a SIM, but please don't use this as a way to test your phone. There are plenty of ways to test the phone without calling police.

A hard reset will wipe out all of your data. So if you did it from the menu's, it should have produced a fresh and clean device when it finished. If that's the case, then it worked. Did you test the phone before you installed any apps?

If your SIM works in other phones and other people's SIM doesn't work in your's, it's pretty clear that the phone is the problem. If you've hard reset it and it still doesn't work, then there must be something physically wrong. A drop could have made the antenna connection loose and it just happened to fall out recently. I haven't taken my BJ apart, so I can't comment on how or where the antenna is connected.