View Full Version : GPS?

andrewbadera
07-19-2007, 05:53 PM
If you were going to buy a WinMo GPS device right now, what would it be? GPS-enabled phone? Dedicated GPS device? WM5? WM6? (Has anyone released anything yet under WM6 with GPS?)

Mike Temporale
07-20-2007, 03:06 AM
There are no Smartphones with GPS built in. However, I think there is a POcket PC or two that have GPS built in. So the first thing you need to ask yourself is what type of WinMo device do you want. If you don't like having a touch screen then you're looking at the Smartphone (Standard) platform. Which means you'll have to get a stand alone GPS device.

andrewbadera
07-20-2007, 03:19 AM
doesn't Gigabyte have a WM6 (edit: SMARTPHONE, sorry) device announced, with GPS?

And, I was inquiring about WinMo in general -- didn't specify touchscreen or sm ... if there's an effective sm device with GPS, that would be hot -- one handed operation is always nice. But, I'd like to know about any WinMo GPS device, period, at this point, that is a solid performer in GIS regards, and perhaps serves your typical sm/ppc needs just as well.

There are of course one or two iPaq GSM devices with GPS I believe, aren't there?