View Full Version : Samsung Blackjack - Tired of Toting Two Battery Covers?

dadditude
07-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Here's an easy fix.

Since I don't currently have a car charger for my Blackjack (although I do plan to get one eventually), I often take both my regular battery and my extended battery when I am going to be away from home for an extended period of time. I got sick of always having to take the standard battery cover along, so i set out to find a way to get rid of the need for it. Here's what I did:

I located a piece of foam as thick as the difference between the thickness of the standard and extended batteries and cut it to about the size of the flat part of the standard battery and then used some tape to tape it to the logo side of the standard battery, making sure to wrap the tape all the way back around so that it would be less likely to come undone. Now, it fits snugly into the Blackjack using the extended battery cover and fits into the battery charger as well. So now all I have to take with me when I am going to be away from a charger for an extended period of time is the extra battery (whichever one isn't already in the phone.

Here's hoping that someone out there finds this useful and also hoping someone else hasn't already suggested this.

Mike Temporale
07-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Nice! That's a great solution, and it's affordable too. :)

dadditude
07-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Glad to hear that someone found it useful.

One other thing that I didn't mention, as it seemed like a no-brainer to me, but be sure you don't tape over the battery contacts, as charging through tape don't work too good. :D

billcalle
07-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Great tip! I actually found it easier to use some old business cards and cut them down to size. It was easier to get the right thickness that way.

dadditude
07-21-2007, 02:45 AM
In my case, I had just purchased a travel case for my son's Nintendo DS, and it had a piece of foam to help it keep its shape in the packaging. Lucky enough for me, it was composed of two layers, one of which was exactly the right thickness.

The business cards are a good alternative, though. Thanks for sharing!