View Full Version : transition from Treo to Blackjack....

tangley
07-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to xfer my calender from my Treo to my new Blackjack? I can't bear the thought of re-entering all that....

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Teresa

Jerry Raia
07-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Is it a Palm Treo or a Windows Mobile Treo?

tangley
07-05-2007, 09:02 PM
It's a Palm Treo - T-Mobile variety. But tell me that you know how to do it... 8O

Jerry Raia
07-05-2007, 10:45 PM
If it was a WM device I could. Maybe someone here knows a way.

tangley
07-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Someone suggested that I xfer everything to Outlook, then xfer to the BJ. I knew you could do that with contacts, but I don't know how to do it with calendar items.

Anyone have any thoughts??

Thanks!

Teresa

Mike Temporale
07-06-2007, 02:18 AM
Yeah, that's how I would do it. Windows Mobile automatically syncs with outlook. So the real question is how to get your treo to dump everything to outlook. For that, I'm not sure. What does the palm sync to by default and can you export from it?

Rocco Augusto
07-06-2007, 11:30 PM
i havent tried it, but this application looks promising

http://www.chapura.com/keysuite_details_devices.php

tangley
07-07-2007, 02:57 PM
I may download that app and see what I can do. I hear disparaging things about Windows Mobile, but the Blackjack was free with AT&T, and the Treo has been terrible for call reception, but I have to have a calendar....so......we'll see. Thanks for the help guys!

Jerry Raia
07-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Sorry we couldn't be more help. Let us know how you make out. :)

tangley
07-09-2007, 07:35 PM
I will if AT&T ever gets the phone to me! Really....2nd day air doesn't mean much if they wait a week to ship it.....smiles.

Thanks guys!

Teresa

Twain
07-12-2008, 07:00 AM
I am very confused about this question because I believe the answer is a no-brainer! Why can't you simply synchronize your Treo calendar with Outlook on a desktop PC (assuming you do use a Windows based desktop PC with Outlook)? Then, when you switch to the Blackjack, synchronize it with Outlook and all of your calendar items will appear on the Blackjack.What am I missing here?

Twain
07-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Oops sorry. Ignore previous post! The original poster indicated he had a Palm based Treo and not a Windows Mobile Treo. Sorry.

</br>I did have a friend who was able to synchronize his Palm PDA with outlook, based on software that came with the Palm PDA. Maybe such software comes with the Palm based Treo? If so, then synchronizing the Blackjack with Outlook will capture all of the calendar items.