View Full Version : blackjack headphones

raptor13
06-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I was just wondering how well the headphones work with the blackjack, especially since it uses a different connector than most other devices. Does it stay connected pretty well? I currently use Cingular 2125 and for whatever reason most of the headphones or 2.5 to 3.5 adaptors I use dont stay in well. I listen to it when jogging, so there is some movement. But just wondering if the blackjack worked any better. Thanks for any feedback.

Mike

Rocco Augusto
06-18-2007, 03:01 AM
Hello Mike,

To be honest, I cannot even remember if my Blackjack came with headphones! I can tell you though, since the Blackjack headphone jack is the same jack that is used for charging/syncing your device, you should not have any problems with it staying in place. :)

--Rocco

hotdram
06-18-2007, 12:43 PM
I bought the Samsung adapter that plugs into the phone and accepts 3.5mm headphones on the other end. It is the one with a built in mic and a button to end calls. It works very well, I have not had a problem with it falling out. The only thing I don't like about it is that between the length of cord associated with the adapter and the headphone cord itself, I could jump rope. I have seen headphones with the Samsung plug at the end, but they are the earbud type, which I can't stand, I need a band to keep the things in my ears. The plug fits much better than the Samsung A/C adapter in my opinion. That thing likes to fall out of the phone if you look at it wrong.

~Rob

raptor13
06-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey thanks for the replies. Rob I think I am a little confused by what you mean when you say the A/C adapter falls out easily? Isn't the A/C adapter plug into the same port as the headphone adapter? That makes me nervous that you tell me it falls out easy. What is different about it that makes it not fall out compared to the headphones? Thanks again.

Mike

hotdram
06-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Hey thanks for the replies. Rob I think I am a little confused by what you mean when you say the A/C adapter falls out easily? Isn't the A/C adapter plug into the same port as the headphone adapter? That makes me nervous that you tell me it falls out easy. What is different about it that makes it not fall out compared to the headphones? Thanks again.

Mike
Hey Mike,
Sorry, didn't mean to cause confusion. But yes, the A/C adapter (by Samsung, that came with the phone) plugs into the same port the headphone adapter does. For whatever reason, my A/C adapter fits loosely in the phone and falls out fairly easy. However, the Samsung branded headphone adapter fits good and I have not had any issue with it falling out.
Here is the headphone adapter I purchased:
http://www.samsungwireless.com/usa2/AARM021CBEBSTD-Hi-Res.gif

~Rob

raptor13
06-24-2007, 11:36 AM
I just want to report back now that I got a blackjack. The headphone jack actually works great -- it is a night and day difference from the cingular 2125. I also don't have any problems with the A/C adaptor or the syncing cable. It all seems to work great. The only thing I may want to look into is getting a shorter adaptor for music...I agree that you can jump rump with this thing when you add it to your normal headphones!

Mike

Sven Bornemark
07-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Here is the headphone adapter I purchased:

Rob, where did you buy that adaptor? The only model I can find in Sweden is this one:

http://www.dustinhome.se/DacsaPortal/?ProdID=5010101678

Now, there's probably nothing wrong with it, but the one you found looks waaaay better. :wink: