View Full Version : Upcoming WM6 devices... I'm starting to get sad.

zeke009
06-12-2007, 07:26 PM
It is starting to sadden me that all these new devices being announced are more than I need or want to carry. I just need a phone to sync with my contact, calendar, tasks, and allow me to check some sports scores. Something like a candybar (2125) phone or a flip phone (3125).

Personally, I don't need a Blackjack or a device that slides to reveal a QWERTY board or anything like that.

Has anyone heard anything about the 3125 seeing WM6? If that classify's me in the "entry" level of Windows Mobile users... I'll gladly sit here with a device I am happy to carry around until the day comes when I need a device with more advanced features... and I want to carry it around on my belt.

I don't know... I'm just starting to get annoyed with all these announcements and it seems everyone is chasing Blackberry styled devices while leaving the customers who prefer a more simplistic device for personal use in the dust.

What do you folks think? If an affordable candy bar or flip phone is released will you consider that more or less when compared against a T-Mobile Dash or Blackjack for your personal use?

If work would pay for it... sweet, sign me up with all the bells and whistles and I'll gladly respond to the daily deluge of emails!

Mike Temporale
06-13-2007, 02:03 AM
I hear ya. While I really like my BlackJack, I really wish that we would see more flip phones. They're extermely popular and very functional - even if I prefer the candy bar. We haven't seen a really good flip yet. I think WinMo needs that before it can really grow in the general public.

Jerry Raia
06-15-2007, 03:10 PM
As much as I prefer a flip phone, I have really gotten used to having the full keyboard. I don't know if I could go back. The VOX looks like it might be a good compromise.

encece
06-21-2007, 03:41 AM
I personally dont need the keyboard either. T9 works great for me.
But I DO NEED all of the other stuff that makes a smartphone a smartphone AND MORE!

sracer
07-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Having owned an Audiovox SMT-5600 for over 2 years, I can say that the lack of a QWERTY keyboard severely hampered its usefulness on-the-go. As a transportable device (eg. sitting in a coffee shop, or on a plane) the candy bar form factor was fine. (an external folding Bluetooth keyboard was fantastic) But when standing in a checkout line and wanting to quickly check email, or web browsing, T9 entry was a chore.

Last week I finally upgraded to a Dash. It is thinner than the vox, but obviously wider. I agree that it is a bit more awkward to carry than a traditional candy bar SP. But the flexibility and capabilities more than compensate for it.

Jerry Raia
07-03-2007, 12:57 AM
Now that I have the VOX with the slide out keypad, I think I have the best of both worlds. 8)

Rocco Augusto
07-19-2007, 08:08 PM
I hear ya. While I really like my BlackJack, I really wish that we would see more flip phones. They're extermely popular and very functional - even if I prefer the candy bar. We haven't seen a really good flip yet. I think WinMo needs that before it can really grow in the general public.

What are you talking about, the MPx220 was AWESOME! :lol:

Jerry Raia
07-19-2007, 10:27 PM

Rocco, we need to talk...

sracer
07-27-2007, 05:40 PM

:lol:
I was thinking... "pass the dutchie to the left hand side, mon" :wink:

sracer

sracer