View Full Version : SMARTPHONE DEVLOPEMENT- BEGINNER

new214
06-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Heya al, Im deciding on doing a project using Smart Phone 2005 SDK and my questions are as follows:

1) Is Smart Phone 2005 SDK a free software or is it part of another software? if so which one?

2) If i wanted to devlop an application in smartphone sdk- what language could i use? would classic asp or vb.net be ok to use?

3) If i wanted to test the applciation- could i run it on the pc- rather than on a mobile?

4) If i develop an application using smartphone- would this applciation work on normal mobile phones or just window mobiles?

5) Is windows mobile the phones which use the windows operating system?

6) Would there be any conciderations for a beginner- in using smartphone sdk?

Mike Temporale
06-11-2007, 12:38 PM
1) Is Smart Phone 2005 SDK a free software or is it part of another software? if so which one?

The SDK is free and you need Visual Studio (not the express version) to use it.

2) If i wanted to devlop an application in smartphone sdk- what language could i use? would classic asp or vb.net be ok to use?

That depends on the application. If you're doing a web site, then sure ASP.net would be fine. Otherwise, you're going to use VC, VB, C#, or whatever else you fancy.

3) If i wanted to test the applciation- could i run it on the pc- rather than on a mobile?

You can test it in the mobile emulator. Then deploy it to a device and test some more.

4) If i develop an application using smartphone- would this applciation work on normal mobile phones or just window mobiles?

Just WinMo. ;)

5) Is windows mobile the phones which use the windows operating system?

Ah, Yeah. That's the Windows part of Windows Mobile. ;)

6) Would there be any conciderations for a beginner- in using smartphone sdk?

I would suggest you start small and try some simple things first before jumping in. Make sure you read all the documentation in the SDK as it talks about the Microsoft standard design concepts and layout tips.

Good luck