View Full Version : problems logging in to websites w/bj

jumbo72
05-29-2007, 06:43 AM
Hey, all, please don't shoot the newb, i did a search and could not find any info on this. I just got a blackjack yesterday and was blown away with the features and speed of the internet. My first question is this: I had some ebay items ending today and was trying to log in to myebay to see if i was outbid or whatever, but it kept sending me back to the login screen. I know i was typing the password correctly, because i typed in the pw wrong on purpose, and it gave me the error message. Everytime i typed it in right it was like it just refreshed the screen. I also had problems logging into my banking webpage (that one gave me 3 shots then locked me out for a day, now i gotta call them tomorrow and fix it, lol). Is there something wrong with my phone or what? Before you say it's a something easy, i logged into the secure website for my work and had no problems.

And one more thing, i've heard if you move from the 3G to GPRS, it extends the battery life quite a lot, is browsing the net a whole lot slower on that? I have to check my company website for new work quite a few times a day, so if i had to keep switching back and forth between 3G and GPRS, it could get to be a real pain in the butt. Someone please help a newb. Thanks.

Mike Temporale
05-30-2007, 02:33 AM
Your ebay login problem could be caused by them using something that's not supported on the mobile browser. You need to remember that the modile version of IE is not up to speed with the desktop version. There is an application that allows you to monitor your ebay activity.

Yes, regular GPRS is a lot slower. I don't bother, if I wanted slow browsing, I would just get a dash. ;) If you search this site you'll find a couple treads talking about how to disable 3G.

jumbo72
05-30-2007, 07:58 AM
thanks, mike. For some reason, it worked today, and i redid in my favorites where i only have to type in my password. And i used it every 20 minutes or so today to check to see if i had new work, and the battery's still strong, so i don't think with my useage the 3G will roast the battery too much.

Altari
05-31-2007, 11:51 PM
I don't know much about the workings with a smartphone, but I know that Opera mini fixed all my internet woes with a Sanyo. I'm trying Minimo on my new bj to see how well it holds up.