View Full Version : Unlocked HTC S620

abarry
05-23-2007, 10:57 PM
I purchased an unlocked HTC S620 from amazon.com . I had a BB8700c with the BIS data plan, so I called them and switched it to a PDA unlimited plan. However, they would not help me set up for internet or push email because I have an unlocked phone, and not a Cingular branded device. All I can do is make phone calls from it.

I would like to have your help:

* How do I set it to get push email from my Google, Yahoo and (paid) Hotmail accounts, like I could in my Blackberry?

* How do I configure so I can access the internet?

* WM6 update is available through T-Mobile. The phone I have is essentially a Dash with WM5. Is it safe to upgrade to WM6 from T-Mobile? If not, is there another site I can upgrade it from?

gracefrabove
05-31-2007, 04:44 AM
I purchased an unlocked HTC S620 from amazon.com . I had a BB8700c with the BIS data plan, so I called them and switched it to a PDA unlimited plan. However, they would not help me set up for internet or push email because I have an unlocked phone, and not a Cingular branded device. All I can do is make phone calls from it.

I would like to have your help:

* How do I set it to get push email from my Google, Yahoo and (paid) Hotmail accounts, like I could in my Blackberry?

* How do I configure so I can access the internet?

* WM6 update is available through T-Mobile. The phone I have is essentially a Dash with WM5. Is it safe to upgrade to WM6 from T-Mobile? If not, is there another site I can upgrade it from?

Here's a url where you can get the GPRS/EDGE network settings for a Smartphone on Cingular's network. I've used these settings so can confirm they work.
Once you've setup GPRS/EDGE network access, launch IE, select Tools > Options > Connections from the menu and set "Select Network" to WAP, and check "Automatically detect settings". Save this and you should now be able to access the internet. If that still doesn't work go into Settings > Connections > Comm Manager and ensure the Data Connection button is enabled.
To configure your email to work with Google or any other similiar mail provider go into the Messaging app, select new email account, then follow the prompts to input your email address, password, and email service settings such as pop and smtp server information.