View Full Version : Is this really how it is supposed to work??!

Sooner Magic
05-10-2007, 07:26 PM
I have a Tmo Dash and my employer does not have an Exchange server. Therefore, the only way to keep my contacts, tasks & calendar up to date on my Dash is to use Activesync via a tethered USB cable. Now I know Activesync has MUCH to be desired, but it doesn't seem to capture data accurately. For example, if I change an appointment from Monday to Friday, ActiveSync will indicate that everything is connected and synchronized, when in fact, the change was never made on the Dash. I literally have to delete the partnership and create a new one almost every time I want to sync.

I have used Pocket PCs for years and have NOT had these types of issues with ActiveSync. I am a big fan of Windows Mobile, but this is crazy. I am considering a Blackberry just to avoid the hassle. Is this really how it is supposed to work with a smartphone? 8O

johnlo
05-10-2007, 07:43 PM
thats not true. i dont have that problem. maybe the version of your AS is bad??

Sooner Magic
05-10-2007, 07:53 PM
I am using AS 4.5.0, Build 5096. It works wihtout problem on my iPAQ.

Any recommendations?

johnlo
05-10-2007, 11:16 PM
why dont you try uninstalling it.. delete anything folder or stuff on your desktop and start again. i just change my future appointment both on my DASH and desktop outlook and its syncing fine.

maybe you have something set to only update one way

onlydarksets
05-11-2007, 01:44 AM
Are you sure you've set it up to sync at all? Might be worth double checking - I've deleted partnerships before and then forgotten to set everything back up again.

Sooner Magic
05-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I have confirmed that it is set up to sync and I believe AS is functioing correctly as evidenced by my iPAQ syncing without problem.

Could it be an issue of having two different devices, one smartphone and one PPC? Any other ideas?

onlydarksets
05-11-2007, 04:00 PM
You can have multiple devices syncing through the same PC. The only issue I know of is that you can't have more than one device connected at a time. For example, you can sync the PPC, but then you need to disconnect it before trying to sync the Smartphone.