View Full Version : Samsung i600: Sync on Vista

04-23-2007, 03:07 PM
I tried eveyrthing, but I just can't get my i600 to sync with outlook on Vista. I setup the new mobile device center. It recognizes the i600, but doesn't sync. Any ideas? Has anyone been able to do it?

Mike Temporale
04-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Do you have OneCare or any firewall running (other than the one that comes installed) ? If so, turn it off and see if that helps.

04-23-2007, 06:41 PM
I've disabled firewall, avg antivirus, windows defender. Still no go....

Mike Temporale
04-24-2007, 02:04 AM
If you look under Control Panel / Sync Center - does it show any partherships? What about Sync Conflicts?

acharmer
04-24-2007, 10:55 PM
I use both the US Samsung BJ & the Asia Samsung i600 by choice (2 different SIMs) with TMO service. Very cool phones ! I like the Samsung Carousel Card Home menu on the i600 - feels like Vista interface :D

Both the Samsungs have synched with my Vista based notebook at first go using Windows Mobile Device Center. Strangely, I never had to use the set up CDs that came with the phones, except to pick up notesync s/w. The first time I plugged the first phone into my Vista notebook, it automatically kicked up Windows Mobile Device Center & was cool.

Rather than set up device partnerships, I've just used Exchange based sync for my Outlook functions. It works flawlessly, especially when combined with push mail function & Edge.

I use the Windows Mobile Device Center to transfer files, manage memory et al. Windows Mobile Device Center seems to recognize multiple devices without conflict so far W/O partnerships.

If the Outlook synch is giving you trouble, try the Exchange ActiveSync route & you may have a safe workaround :)

04-25-2007, 06:15 AM
^ Thanks. So you've not tried Outlook syncing too. I've never heard of someone who successfully synced with Outlook on Vista. Your tip on Exchange syncing is golden. I'm going to try that when I get back home. Thanks.