View Full Version : FS/FT: Unlocked Qtek 8500

AdamaDBrown
04-18-2007, 06:53 AM
I'm exploring the possibility of selling my unlocked Qtek 8500, a variant of the HTC StrTrk/Cingular 3125. The external casing has some scuffs and scratches, mostly on the battery cover, that it acquired before I got it. I've cleaned it up and repaired the scratches as best I can, and it does look nicely presentable, I'm just very picky. Photos can be made available.

The device is loaded with the Cingular 3125 ROM, ostensibly for better performance on US GSM networks.

Everything works EXCEPT the external antenna port. This latter is because the internal antenna connection failed a few months ago, and I had to do some creative rewiring, attaching the internal antenna to the external jack. Nothing protrudes from the case, and ironically it actually provides much better signal strength now--I rarely go below four bars, compared to 2-3 before.

I've really enjoyed using this phone. The only real reason I'm even thinking about selling it because I'm about to get a new cell contract within the next few months, and one way or another I'm getting a new device along with it.

Comes with the unit itself, standard "slim" battery, USB sync/charge cable, 64 MB MicroSD card, screen protectors (installed), headphone/headset, Y-cable for charging and playing music simultaneously (not standard on the Qteks) and AC adapter. Asking $180 or best offer.