View Full Version : Need help

{ISV-K}SVX
04-09-2007, 12:29 AM
I have a BlackJack and am looking for recommendations on the following apps:

Task Manager - looking for a single button press to switch between apps and/or close apps

PIM - I have looked at many different ones including Pocket Informant which would not work with my scroll wheel. What is recommended?

Email client

Thanks in advance.

{ISV-K}SVX
04-11-2007, 02:45 AM
Anyone?

Mike Temporale
04-11-2007, 04:11 AM
Task Manager - looking for a single button press to switch between apps and/or close apps

What's wrong with the built in app? I press and hold the Home key and it launches, then a simple press of the # next to the app to select it.

PIM - I have looked at many different ones including Pocket Informant which would not work with my scroll wheel. What is recommended?

Really? Papyrus doesn't use the scroll wheel? huh. I use AgendaOne and Extreme Agenda - depending on the device and my mood. Both seem to work fine with the scroll wheel. Unless there is something special with what you're doing.

{ISV-K}SVX
04-11-2007, 05:28 AM
I never knew that about the home button. Thanks.

Are you recommending AgendaOne or Extreme Agenda for the Smartphone? Papyrus is not the same as Pocket Informant - they are different PIM's and it was PI that did not work with the wheel. When I used Pocket Informant it was on an HTC Hermes.

Any recommendations on an email app? I used FlexMail on my Hermes and liked it. Is there anything like that for Smartphone that also incorporates SMS and MMS?

Thanks

Mike Temporale
04-12-2007, 01:03 AM
I never knew that about the home button. Thanks.

No problem. You should always play around with the buttons. Try pressing and holding the email button as well. ;)

Are you recommending AgendaOne or Extreme Agenda for the Smartphone?

No, just telling you which apps I use. Try them all, including papyrus and see which you like.

Papyrus is not the same as Pocket Informant - they are different PIM's

Right, I was thinking of Agenda One which is just a rebranded version of Papyrus.

and it was PI that did not work with the wheel. When I used Pocket Informant it was on an HTC Hermes.

Pocket Informant doesn't have a Smartphone client - so that might be why it's not working correctly for you. Or are you saying it didn't work on the your Hermes? Heck, I'm all confused...

Any recommendations on an email app? I used FlexMail on my Hermes and liked it. Is there anything like that for Smartphone that also incorporates SMS and MMS?

Thanks

No ideas on that. I use the default app. Flexmail was working on a version, but I haven't played with it. There are others too like Good and Intellisync, but again, I haven't played with them.