View Full Version : How does WM5 choose correct contact during incoming caller id?

Micheal
03-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Hello,

I aologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but I've been searching and cannot seem to find the answer. Here is my problem: I have several contacts with the same phone number (such as several employees of the same company.) I have been trying to find a way to edit these contacts so that a particular one shows up during caller id on an incoming call, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how WM5 is searching the database! I assumed it would be alphabetically once the number is matched, but I have edited the first name, the last name, the full name, the file as, and still WM5 then just goes and chooses some other random contact (who has the same number) during an incoming call. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? How can I edit my contact so that a particular one will show up during caller ID when the database contains several contacts with the same number? Thanks to anyone for their help!

Mark Kenepp
03-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Good question,

I am only assuming, but I think that it would be the first contact created with that Number. It probably has something to do with some hidden ID.

Mike Temporale
03-21-2007, 04:27 AM
I always thought it was Alpha based on the first name. On older (2003 or before) devices, you used to be able to set a default number. It would only match on the default number. So you could just change the other contact to be something else as a default and you would be fine. You're not using an older device, are you?