View Full Version : Live Search for Windows Mobile Reviewed at the Two Inch View

Mike Temporale
03-20-2007, 06:15 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.twoinchview.com/134-live-search' target='_blank'>http://www.twoinchview.com/134-live-search</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Microsoft has been growing their Live services lately, pouring effort into creating a suite of online services that will entice Internet users to take advantage of their offerings for search, email, location-based services, and many others. And they’re not just focusing on the desktop world: there are a rich assortment of Windows Mobile-based solutions for smartphones such as the Treo 750 and T-Mobile Dash. One such solution is Windows Live Search, software that recently came out of beta and is a free tool for finding things quickly and easily from your Windows Mobile smartphone"</i><br /><br /><br />Jason takes an indepth view of Live Search (the cool mapping one) over at The Two Inch View. I'm a big fan of this software and I use it all the time. While in Seattle last week, it helped me pin-point a Cingular Wireless store that was just down the street from where I was standing. I might have walked off looking in the wrong direction if it wasn't for this app. I know we've talked about this app before, but if you're not familiar with this software give Jason's review a read and let us know your thoughts. For those of you that already use this great app, share some stories about how it saved your life, or not. :LOL:

Don't Panic!
03-21-2007, 03:05 AM
I got the tip on Live Search from a Microsoft FrontPage MVP who was staying in the same hotel as me while we were at the MS MVP Global Summit in Seattle last week. Two days after I installed Live Search it came in very handy for me helping to find some take-out food after I received an urgent voicemail from work forcing me to miss one of the yummy MVP dinners to prepare an 18 page memo. I'm not sure if you would call that a lifesaver though considering the circumstances under which I used it. :?

Mike Temporale
03-21-2007, 04:46 AM
Hey "Don't Panic" - It was a pleasure meeting you at the summit. We didn't get much time to talk, but there's always so much going on that it's hard to chat with everyone.

Here's another story of how I've exploited Live Search - I was planning a last minute vacation to vegas with my wife eariler this year. We had narrowed it down to 2 hotels. My wife was comparing packages when the topic of pools came up. We found some conflicting information about the number of pools at the Luxor hotel. So I punched in Luxor, Las Vegas and zoomed in on the hotel. The answer - 4. :mrgreen: Not that it really matters - like 1 pool wasn't enough or something. :lol: