View Full Version : Please help ---- Active Sync with 3125 --- "Server is busy"

sslolley
03-20-2007, 02:32 AM
Ok. I'm totally lost....and frustrated. Have new 3125, needing to sync. I have NO idea what the problem is. I keep getting the error message "server is busy". What does that mean? What is the solution? Please be specific with any answers/help.

Kris Kumar
03-20-2007, 03:28 AM
Can you please offer a lit bit of more information about how your sync is setup?

Is it over the air using push email with Exchange server or something else? Or is it via USB with the desktop Outlook/Exchange?

sslolley
03-22-2007, 02:43 AM
I will attempt to answer this accurately ---- no guarantees, and thanks by the way for your quick response. I'm in the middle of remodeling my house, moving my office ---- I need my sync to sync! I am using a USB connection to my laptop. I really don't know what the microsoft server message is about (pardon my ignorance). I am trying to sync outlook. Help? Many thanks.

Kris Kumar
03-22-2007, 03:03 AM
I perfectly understand...

Did a little bit of Googling, it seems like this strange problem happens when the sync begins but is unable to complete, Microsoft has a knowledge base article on it:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912242

They seem to suggest that it is an occassional problem, and initiating a sync again (immediately after the failed one) would work. In ActiveSync you can click on the Sync button after the initial one fails.

If the above does not work, I would also recommend recreating the partnership.
- In ActiveSync, with the Smartphone not connected, delete the partnership
- now connect the Smartphone
- establish a new partnership (if what Microsoft is saying is true, then instead of selecting all items - calendar, contact, email, tasks; select only one or two items and check out the sync)

MAKE SURE that you are running ActiveSync version 4.2.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7269173a-28bf-4cac-a682-58d3233efb4c&DisplayLang=en