View Full Version : It's not a Palm, or a Blackberry!

Pete Paxton
03-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I went looking for a case the other day for my Windows Mobile 5 Dash. I went to discount stores like Target, Walmart, ShopKo, and Fred Meyer. I noticed that at each and every place the store clerk basically the same thing: "I'm sorry sir, we don't have the type of case you want for your Blackberry" or "I'm sorry sir, we don't have the type of case you want for your Palm Pilot." I didn't think anyone was even using the word "pilot" anymore. So what can we do so people say, "I'm sorry sir, we don't have the type of case you want for your Windows Mobile 5 Dash"? Well, you get my point. Not every phone with a keyboard is a Palm or BB.

Mike Temporale
03-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Oh, that's a rant and a half for me. While waiting for the train, I always get comments asking if that's the new BlackBerry. :( Microsoft really needs to come up with a better naming for the products. "No, this is the cool new Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone Samsung BlackJack." :P

I just end up telling people it's the new BlackJack from Samsung. Then I comment that it does everything that their BB does plus a whole lot more. Then I launch SlingPlayer and watch their jaw hit the flow as I change channels on my TV. :lol: