View Full Version : Slingbox & tMobile...

dorelse
03-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Ok...has anyone here gotten Slingbox to work over t-Mobile? I can use my SDA just fine to Slingbox over WiFi, but I cannot get it to work via GPRS. I believe I would need a connection that bypasses the t-Moble wap servers to make this work.

Any thoughts?

AdamaDBrown
03-10-2007, 01:21 AM
I've never had a Slingbox--can you choose which port it uses? If so, you could set it to one of the unblocked ports like 110 or 8080. Alternatively, you could set up your own proxy server on your home PC, and use that to bypass T-Mo's restrictions.

dorelse
03-10-2007, 03:59 AM
Well, I'm trying to get it to work via the GPRS Radio, so I can watch anywhere via my T-Mobile unlimited internet plan.

Mike Temporale
03-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Depends on what Data plan you have. Doesn't T-Mo have a basic plan that blocks access to certian things. If so, that would be the problem.

AdamaDBrown
03-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Well, I'm trying to get it to work via the GPRS Radio, so I can watch anywhere via my T-Mobile unlimited internet plan.

If you have the unlimited internet plan, then the problem may be a router or firewall blocking access to your network. Make sure that your home router or whatever you have is set to allow access on the standard Slingbox port.