View Full Version : I can't access my email account settings on my Blackjack

gero1965
02-25-2007, 02:21 AM
I want to edit my settings, but I am locked out. Does anyone know why this is happening? Also, I can not send mail using my .mac account.

I broke down and bought this, even though I am a Mac person, and I am beginning to regret it. This phone is not user friendly at all.

Mike Temporale
02-25-2007, 02:26 AM
well, we would love to help you, but you're going to have to tell us more about your problem. Like what type of account are you editing? are you using Exchange for mail or is it POP/IMAP or Outlook Sync? Where are you trying to edit the settings and what's the exact error message?

gero1965
02-25-2007, 04:19 AM
Well, there are 2 things really going on.

From my ComcastPOP account, which is my primary email account set up in the blackjack, I am not able to edit the settings. It is locked.

For my Mac account that I set up as a secondary account on the black jack, I either get a message that the the recipients email is not valid, when I know it is...or it tells me that there is an error downloading messages and I need to go back and check the settings or make sure I have coverage.

I have no problem receiving mail from the .mac account, but I can not send from that account; however, I think I have already solved this problem by using my Comcast outgoing mail server to send from the .mac account.

Does this make sense? Thanks for your help Mike, I really appreciate it.

Mike Temporale
02-25-2007, 05:24 AM
From my ComcastPOP account, which is my primary email account set up in the blackjack, I am not able to edit the settings. It is locked.

Ok... So, you open mail and select the ComcastPOP account, then press Menu / Options / Account Settings / Next.... What part of this is locked for you? You should be free to change just about any setting in that section, just keep pressing Next until it reaches the end.

For my Mac account that I set up as a secondary account on the black jack, I either get a message that the the recipients email is not valid, when I know it is...or it tells me that there is an error downloading messages and I need to go back and check the settings or make sure I have coverage.

It could be that the .Mac account prevents SMTP connections unless you authenticate. This would be a common configuration. Make sure you have the settings for this account configured such that SMTP authentication is turned on.