View Full Version : 4gb MiniSD Card issue

SCPH
02-22-2007, 04:22 PM
I saw this item

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160063136962

and am interested, but from the things I have seen on this forum to-date, only 2gb can/should be used. Can anyone post their un/success stories about 4gb?

Thanks.

Mike Temporale
02-23-2007, 02:35 AM
I've been using 2GB cards without any problems. I have yet to get my hands on a 4GB, but it was my understanding that it might not work. I can't confirm this however. :?

Hw6945
02-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Yesterday I received a miniSD 4gig card I ordered from www.flashmemorycard.com for $48.95.
I copied everything from my 2gig card to desktop using a card reader and then copied from desktop to the 4gig card.
Everything seems to be working just fine on my Hw6945. I only have a little over 1 gig of data loaded now. It will be interesting when I go over the 2gig barrier on this card.
I have seen the 4gig miniSD card on other sites.
But you must be very careful. Do NOT get one where the description says SDHC or meets SDA 2.0 specs.
The card should be printed with miniSD - NOT miniSDHC.
Hope this helps.
Ron...
EDIT>
I loaded up the card with some movies to push it over 2gig. Then I added one more. Everything seemed to play ok.
Ron...

andrewpiner
03-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey All,

Here are my $0.02...

I have an off the shelf, bought from Amazon Cingular 2125 and I just bought the cheapest 4GB miniSD I could find off ebay. I put it into my laptop to transfer over my music files(mostly mp3 with a few wma) and then put the drive into my phone and I was able to play music just fine. I have since been transferring my audio books from Audible and those are playing just fine also(I had to download a smaller stream file because of the software issues, but they play just fine).

The only thing I would note is that when I put it into my laptop, it asked me to format the drive and I did so as Fat32.

I haven't had any long term play issues, but then I never listen to music longer than my lunchbreak anyways.

I hope this helps some...

SCPH
03-29-2007, 02:45 PM
I went with a 2 gig card anyway, NewEgg had them for $18 and I figure "why mess with it" since I am not 1005 sure what would happen when I went above 2gb of storage on the card. 2 gigabytes is basically fine now, I guess when I absolutely outstrip that size, I'll want a new phone anyway (which could be in a year).