View Full Version : Some sda ii questions- unlocking, application compatibility, mp3 ringtones.

spitfire123123
02-04-2007, 12:28 PM
hi

i am new to this forum so these questions may seem stupid:)

1. does the sda ii have mp3 ringtones?- if not is there a program which can enable it?

2. whats the best way to unlock a sda ii?

3. if i unlock the phone- will i be able to run any application work on it (smartphone application that is)

thankyou

AdamaDBrown
02-04-2007, 05:49 PM
1. does the sda ii have mp3 ringtones?- if not is there a program which can enable it?

Yes, all WM Smartphones have MP3 ringtones.

2. whats the best way to unlock a sda ii?

Do you mean application unlocking, or SIM unlocking? Application unlocking is, I think, unneccessary on the SDA II, since you should be able to run any programs you want. SIM unlocking, on the other hand, doesn't have any effect on applications.

spitfire123123
02-04-2007, 08:31 PM
hi
cheers for the reply

i was wondering about both reallbut i have heard that you must do application unlock. i have also seen this on ebay aswell- an item

cheers

Mike Temporale
02-05-2007, 05:07 AM
Application unlock is just a registry setting - if I recall. Search around and it should pop up pretty quick. I haven't done it in a while - which brings up the question, what app are you trying to install that needs this? I know there are some around, but for the most part it's pretty uncommon I think.

SIM unlock, check out http://www.imei-check.co.uk/

spitfire123123
02-05-2007, 09:09 AM
hi
is there a free way?
cheers

AdamaDBrown
02-06-2007, 06:48 PM
is there a free way?

Try XDA-Developers.com and SPV-Developers.com. They have some free unlocking tools for HTC built units like the SDA.