View Full Version : Changing Cingular's Start Screen Icons Backgound Color

Corinthiano
02-03-2007, 01:05 PM
I can't read the icon labels on a new 3125 because the small font is black. or dark blue, against the blue Cingular "X" background. I like the phone, so before I exchange the phone for something I can actually use I'd like to know if there is any simple way to 1) change the background of the Start screen, or 2) change the font color so it contrasts with the background, or 3) make those fonts larger so they're legible. I've changed the font size in Settings, but it doesn't change the size or color of the fonts under the icons. Maybe one of the Tweak programs that let you toggle the icons on the Start screen back to WM3 list views will change that background color or font as well? Any other ideas before I return this phone? Thanks.

Corinthiano
02-13-2007, 02:11 PM
No thoughts? I got SmartTweaks, which let me change the Icon menus to WM3 lists instead of just the WM5 Icons on the blue Cingular "X" background. It works and I can use the phone, but if anyone comes up with a way to change that Cingular "X" background, or the background color, I'm very interested in hearing how. Thanks.

MaxxPower
02-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Google and install PHM Registry Editor. Then use it to go to HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSStart, then click the Values button. Scroll down to BKBitmapFile and click on it. Note the path in the Value Data to the original background pic as an example, and edit the Value Data to the full path to the picture you want to use, then click Done.

A sort of easy way to change it often would be to make the path to a pic titled something like menubg.jpg (for example, \Application Data\Home\menubg.jpg), then you can just replace that particular file by naming whatever pic you want to use to menubg.jpg.