View Full Version : How to delete programs

hawkwd
01-24-2007, 11:38 PM
I installed "airscanner" on my 3125, but didn't like that it was such a battery hog, & deleted it, but it is still there... How do you delete programs that are still there after you delete them using settings\more\remove programs? The program does not show up in the remove programs screen after deleting it, but it is still in the start menu & the program will still start & run if selected from the start menu.

Mike Temporale
01-25-2007, 02:02 AM
There's a known bug in WinMo5 where some programs fail to be removed when you try to uninstall them from remove programs. Watch carefully when you're uninstalling something - you might see a screen that says it was unable to remove the program, do you want to remove it from the remove programs list anyway. If you see that, the answer is NO.

To get around this bug, restart the phone and once it starts up, the first thing you do is go to remove programs and uninstall the app in question. That usually fixes things.

Since you don't have it in the remove programs anymore, you need in install it again (and it will over right the installed version) and then reboot and uninstall it.

Gavino1212
01-25-2007, 06:59 AM
There's a known bug in WinMo5 where some programs fail to be removed when you try to uninstall them from remove programs. :lol:

Actually, I don't think this is just a WinMo5 issue, but Windows period!!

I'm using Win XP MCE 2002, and I've tried uninstalling several programs, games mostly, and it's gone through the motions, a little too quickly, said they've been uninstalled, yet they're still there. Dunno what to do short of simply deleting the game and later fixing the registry, which I'd rather not mess with.

Just a thought.

hawkwd
01-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Microsoft... It's a love~hate thing I guess...

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hawk