View Full Version : Time/Date stamp macro?

galatians51
01-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Hello, this is my first post here. New Smartphone user, longtime PPC & Palm user.
I use Excel to track my work hours, and I am using the Documents to Go preview to edit Excel on my TMobile SDA.
One thing I was able to do on my Palms and Blackberry is use a macro to quickly insert the date and/or time. For instance, if I wanted to enter the time I get to work, I simply press "ts" and it automatically inserts the current time.
Do any shortcuts like this exist on the smartphone platform?

Thanks in advance!

Mike Temporale
01-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Good question... I wonder what the best way to do this would be.

There is a Marco program we posted about the other day, but I don't know that it would do Date/Time. I think it just records your keystrokes and plays them back.

Is there nothing in Doc2Go that might allow this to happen?

galatians51
01-25-2007, 02:33 AM
Actually, I did find in Sheet to Go, if you insert a date and time function of "NOW" it will stamp the date and time. I just had to look a little bit.
By the way, this Docs2 Go preview is fantastic, just like on the Palm platform, which is better than the PPC versions of the Microsoft Office suite. I will buy the release version as soon as it is available!

Gavino1212
01-25-2007, 06:45 AM
Gee Folks,

Everything I've heard about the Docs To Go preview sounds really great. Crispeto really gave a solid impression of it for his Dash.

I've got a Dash, have downloaded the preview, but have no idea how to install it on my phone! It's a zip file with no native installer.

So what do I do? 8O

Thanks for any input :)

galatians51
01-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Just unzip and extract all of the files. There should be a .cab file in there, use Activesync's "explore" button to navigate to My Windows Mobile Based Device>Program Files. Copy the .cab file there.
Then from your phone, use File Manager to navigate to that location and click on the .cab file. It will install automatically.
My Docs to Go preview says it's good until 3/15/07. I assume that's the official release date.
Keep in mind that this beta does not have a desktop component so you will either have to add and "sync" your files manually using Activesync "Explore" or by emailing them to yourself as attachments.
Good luck!

Gavino1212
01-26-2007, 06:00 AM
Ok, thanks! I'll try it, probably copy it ti my card to save space :)