View Full Version : Smartphone sync with hotmail?

Crotia
01-21-2007, 06:24 AM
Hi, I was wondering if my smartphone could sync with hotmail and outlook; for some reason it makes hotmail a seperate inbox, and therefore it doesn't transfer e-mails.

If there is any way that i can do this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike Temporale
01-21-2007, 02:31 PM
For hotmail you need to use the pocket MSN app that's included on some devices. Otherwise, there is a third party hotmail solution that's been talked about around here a lot.

http://software.smartphonethoughts.com/product.asp?id=1845

Crotia
01-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Hmm, this program would connect via the internet on my phone to recieve e-mails, correct?

I was wondering if there was a way to simply copy e-mails from my computer's outlook to my phone's outlook so I can read them on the go, but not have to waste bandwidth downloading the e-mails.

Thanks

Mike Temporale
01-21-2007, 06:52 PM
OH, sorry. You just want to pull emails from your desktop Outlook and read them on your phone? Open ActiveSync and turn on Email Sync. It will copy email from your Inbox on your desktop to your phones "Outlook Email" account in Outlook Mobile.

Mike Temporale
01-21-2007, 06:54 PM
ok, you're looking for both Outlook and Hotmail but to pull them both over AS. That's a no go, not without a third party app. And the 3rd party apps that I know of pull email over the air and not across AS. The problem is that Hotmail email doesn't really sit on your machine. It's still on the Hotmail server and it just displays the headers local.

Jerry Raia
01-21-2007, 07:46 PM
As a side note I've noticed that when you do use MSN to get hotmail on a device, some devices add the hotmail to your list of accounts, so you don't have to use MSN again, others do not.

Crotia
01-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Hmm, okay, thanks :)

I guess I'll just have to read my e-mails when I get home instead of on the bus :P