View Full Version : Visual Voicemail for smartphone. Is it possible?

LUIS
01-19-2007, 05:56 AM
Hey guys,

G-smart has a built-in application on their pocket pc's that enables the phone to record voicemail to memory instead of routing the call to the carrier's voicemail system. That way, you don't have to call your carrier to get your voicemail. Instead, you go to Windows Media Player and play your recorded voicemail. What do you think? Is an application like this one feasible on a smartphone?

Mike Temporale
01-19-2007, 01:48 PM
I think there is at least one application out there that does this. I don't recall the name, but I do recall reading about it. I know that's not much help, but it's all I can offer. :?

LUIS
01-20-2007, 12:09 AM
No there isn't. I've looked all over the internet. There is a program called Voicemail Recorder, but either records calls in progress or allows the user to record a voice memo and send it as voicemail.

onlydarksets
01-20-2007, 06:53 PM
No there isn't. I've looked all over the internet. There is a program called Voicemail Recorder, but either records calls in progress or allows the user to record a voice memo and send it as voicemail.

All over, eh? Is it possible you missed a site? Maybe this one?
http://www.killermobile.com/autopilot.html

LUIS
01-20-2007, 07:35 PM
This is exactly what the kind of program I was talking about! Great find! Except that it only seems to run on Symbian S60 devices, and I want to find one for Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone Edition.

onlydarksets
01-20-2007, 07:45 PM
This is exactly what the kind of program I was talking about! Great find! Except that it only seems to run on Symbian S60 devices, and I want to find one for Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone Edition.

In the middle of the page it says "Coming soon to Windows Mobile 5 & Series 80 Devices!"

Crotia
01-21-2007, 06:22 AM
Is there anything currently available for WM 2003?

LUIS
01-26-2007, 08:52 PM
I sent an email to the developers at Killer Mobile regarding the AutoPilot software and I was told that the project has been postponed indefinitely. They stressed the project has not been canceled, but that they will not be working on it for the foreseeable future. Does anybody know of an alternative? Are any of you willing to develop something like Killer Mobile's AutoPilot call management software?