View Full Version : Dash compatibility w/ 2gb microsd card

fulanito01
01-16-2007, 07:24 AM
So far its been pretty good except for windows media player detecting media on the card. I've been trying to add the media to the library, but no go. Any suggestions?

Mike Temporale
01-17-2007, 03:57 AM
The article linked to over here (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13362&highlight=) seems to indicate that the card should work just fine. Perhaps there is some other problem with your tunes - like too high a bitrate?

fulanito01
01-17-2007, 06:31 AM
Sorry, not sure I explained myself well. WMP plays the tunes on the microsd card, but fails to add them to the library. Maybe I have the songs tucked too deep into folders? I'm coming from a PPC, so I just stuck the card in...

Mr Rotary
01-18-2007, 04:29 AM
What do you mean by a PPC? IWhat type of micro SD are you working with? (Sandisk 2GB here) I didn't have a problem adding the files to the library? Just to make sure, you have to go to Storage Card & then update library. I can't remember the exact procedure I took because I seldomly use WMP on my HTC but I hope it helps you!

fulanito01
01-18-2007, 05:16 AM
I think that's part of the problem. When I go to library, it only allows me to select "My Device." I also have a 2gb MicroSD card from Sandisk.

So to recap, WMP can play the files on my microsd, but the library doesnt seem to detect the card when I try to add media to it. To be more specific, it runs through the adding media screen, seems to count all the files on my sd card, but then fails to add anything thats on the card. It adds files on the device just fine.

Is there any way to format the microsd card?

edit: Problem solved. I used my USB card reader to reformat the sd card under XP and that seems to have resolved the WMP Library issue. I'm still curious as to whether there is a sd card manager on the phone though.

Mr Rotary
01-24-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm glad you figured it out fulanito. I didn't had to format my card but what I do remember is the first steps that I did do was after I put the card in, I went to the camera & video camera to see how many pictures I was capable of taking. As soon as it loaded, it detected the "storage card." Maybe that's where it had automatically formatted. :beer: Cheers still :way to go: