View Full Version : Fake Call Application for Windows Mobile 5.0

mrlawrence
01-14-2007, 10:47 PM
I have noted an application for the Treo 600/650; anyone aware of a similar application for Windows Mobile 5.0 that fakes a call to your handset so that you can gracefully exit from a meeting or conference with good excuse?

ringerxyz
04-12-2007, 03:38 PM
http://www.INearY.com

Sven Johannsen
04-13-2007, 03:45 PM
If you are curteous, your phone would be on vibrate/silent during a meeting in any case. If you get bored, look a bit surprised, grab your phone, look quickly at the screen, and say, "Excuse me, I need to take this" leave the room, so as not to disturb the meeting. In the presence of a receptionist or other individual, have your end of the conversation, "OK, I understand, I'll be there as soon as I can", and excuse yourself. If you need to gather stuff from the meeting room, just pop back in and excuse yourself.

Alex The Flyer
04-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Nokia smartphones also has such application - XCaller. I'm a bit surprised by the price of INearY ... $13 !!!!

Mike Temporale
04-14-2007, 06:43 PM
If you are curteous, your phone would be on vibrate/silent during a meeting in any case. If you get bored, look a bit surprised, grab your phone, look quickly at the screen, and say, "Excuse me, I need to take this" leave the room, so as not to disturb the meeting.

Good point. I always set my phone to silent before meetings.

Sven Johannsen
04-15-2007, 02:22 AM
If you are curteous, your phone would be on vibrate/silent during a meeting in any case. If you get bored, look a bit surprised, grab your phone, look quickly at the screen, and say, "Excuse me, I need to take this" leave the room, so as not to disturb the meeting.

Good point. I always set my phone to silent before meetings.

There was a time when having a portable phone meant something, and having it ring during a meeting, exposed your importance. Now everyone over the age of ten has one it seems ;)

Alex The Flyer
05-14-2007, 06:45 PM
http://connectivetools.com/calljockey.html

Another similar application was released today :) This one is free... untilit is Release :lol: :lol: :lol:

gai-jin
08-18-2007, 08:05 PM
I believe the tellme based system that ATT uses ( *8 from your ATT Phone IIRC) has that feature built in. I mainly use the wakeup calls, but I remember trying the 'excuse' program once. It would call at a certain time, then tell you what to say back to it, with some goofy reason you had to run.