View Full Version : Anyway to change the color of the start/contact menu bar?

Superflyjsc
01-14-2007, 01:12 AM
Is there any 3rd party app that will let me change only the color of the start/contacts menu bar to black?
Or if even, is there a way to do this my editing the xml code of the homescreens? I am totally clueless on how to edit xml codes so if anyone could give me the simplest step by step way on how to go about editing xml codes so i can change my homescreen start/contact menue bar to black I would really appreciate it....thankss

scottb
01-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Typically, you can change the color of the Start menu bar easily by changing a few values in the color scheme section of your home screen xml.

However, black is a different story. The Start bar is limited to certain colors and it won't accurately reflect what's in the xml. For this, you need to add values to the Registry.
To get black, search for gadget's GrayHQ home screen and install it. It will put the appropriate entries in your registry. (I believe ekopapers also makes one).

After doing that, you can rename the Registry enrtry to whatever you want--it just has to match your home screen xml file name to pick up the colors.

Superflyjsc
01-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the reply...I guess since im no technically expert, there prolly instead any easier way to do this. I appreciate the response tho. Thanks~