View Full Version : Cheapest unlimited data in the world?

extravagant
01-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi everyone, i was wondering if someone can please tell me what the cheapest price for unlimited data plan is in the world on any carrier can some 1 plz give me an idea of what they charge around the world?! thanks!

AdamaDBrown
01-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Well, in terms of cheapest, I guess that there's probably a carrier somewhere that gives unlimited data for free. I don't know of any that do that, though. I know that in the US, T-Mobile has a semi-unlimited data plan for $6 a month (no cap on transfers, but only web, email, and IM supported). Cingular charges $20, Sprint is $25, and CellularOne is $15.

Jerry Raia
01-12-2007, 12:40 AM
It also can depend on the device. If the carrier knows you have a PDA type device, for example, they might charge you more for unlimited data.

onlydarksets
01-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Verizon is probably the most expensive, at $45/month.

hawkwd
01-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Try looking at Cricket Mobile... $45 per month unlimited data, SMS & Voice. Not sure what hardware choices are though, and what data network they use, or what speed their data network runs at...

misio1
01-27-2007, 07:00 PM
helio has everything unlimited (except for minutes talked) including their gps service with google maps. :) BEAT THAT! unfortunately their phones cannot be used as modems with your laptops :(

zx6guy
02-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Sprint's least expensive data service is $15 a month for unlimited EVDO. $25 a month is for their Power Vision Ultimate Pack which has a few more options thrown in but IMO not really worth it. Neither is tetherable without an additional $39.99 "phone as modem" add-on but when you consider unlimited EVDO for $15 a month and their roaming agreements with Verizon it's hard to deny that there is value in that offer.

onlydarksets
02-05-2007, 12:08 AM
After 3 weeks, I was kinda hoping the OP would chime in and explain his interest in this. Is data service so prohibitively expensive where he lives that it's cheaper to move?

galatians51
02-15-2007, 05:04 AM
What is the 6 buck Tmobile plan? Are you limited in the sites you can view (just T-zones sites built for Tmobile)? Or could I visit anywhere on the web?

extravagant
02-18-2007, 11:45 PM
take a look at how sad Fido is in Canada
http://www.fido.ca/portal/en/domore/options.shtml

Rogers owns Fido, therefore Rogers has a complete monopoly over the entire GSM network in Canada. Fido use to at least offer $50 unlimited, then merged with Rogers, and Rogers removed it. 22$ per additional MB, they're crazy, someone should do something about this.

Mike Temporale
02-19-2007, 02:36 AM
That's got nothing to do with Rogers having a monoply. Just check out the data prices on Bell & Telus. They're all high. Our market is just too small to allow the same kind of prices you see in the US. Look at it this way, Cingular had a churn rate that equals the total number of fido customers.