View Full Version : BlackJack v. the Q: Input needed

Avonalliv
01-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi, this is my first post, so apologies if it's in the wrong forum.

I purchased a 7130e a few months ago for Verizon. I love the phone service and the battery is decent, but I do not have a BES for my work email (MS Exchange) and it has become very annoying for me.

This has led me to choose between either the Q (black color) or the BlackJack. I recognize Pros and Cons of each. I would love to hear your thoughts, as this is an important decision.

Q Pros:
-on Verizon, a provider I've used for the last few years without problem.
-most of the calls I make are to other Verizon customers

Q Cons:
-looks dated by comparison
-poor battery performance, from what I've heard

BlackJack Pros:
-outstanding form. Much more of a "wow" factor for this phone
-better battery life by comparison

BlackJack Cons:
-would have to switch to Cingular, which has infamous service in my area

I definitely welcome your input, esp if my situation is taken into account. Any help would be appreciated!

Jerry Raia
01-09-2007, 12:58 AM
Between the carriers I would go with Cingular (I have been on both Verizon and Cingular) which I have now. The coverage is almost the same now and Cingular has always had a better selection of Smartphones. The Q was great when it came out. I thought Motorola had finally figured it out in the Smartphone world. They haven't. They have done nothing with that phone except make it different colors. In the mean time Samsung and HTC have rolled innovation after innovation.

So to summarize: Cingular and the BlackJack.

Mike Temporale
01-09-2007, 03:18 AM
I'm more of a GSM fan, so Cingular would be my choice. You can easily upgrade to different phones without the hassle of calling your carrier.

Plus, the Q has horrible battery life.

Avonalliv
01-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Between the carriers I would go with Cingular (I have been on both Verizon and Cingular) which I have now. The coverage is almost the same now and Cingular has always had a better selection of Smartphones. The Q was great when it came out. I thought Motorola had finally figured it out in the Smartphone world. They haven't. They have done nothing with that phone except make it different colors. In the mean time Samsung and HTC have rolled innovation after innovation.

So to summarize: Cingular and the BlackJack.

out of curiousity, in the past 6-7 months since release, what do you suggest they should have done with it? theyve released updates for it.

Jerry Raia
01-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I probably phrased that poorly. For one thing a GSM version should have been released to really get it out there. As I've said though, count how many new and improved devices HTC and Samsumg have released, just in the time since the Q went to Verizon. The BlackJack, for example, has some really nice user features added to it. The Q just barely has what WM5 comes out of the "box" with. How many Smartphones does Motorola have? See my point? If Moto doesn't want to be a big player in the Smartphone world then they are doing just what they should be doing; making phones that teenagers like in designer colors.

thetruth
01-27-2007, 03:17 AM
I would love to see the Blackjack on Verizon. I have spent some time using both the Q and the Blackjack, and I find the blackjack far superior. The form factor, feats, and performance make the Q seem very 20th century. Too bad VZ service whips the cingular's ass (whoops..i mean AT&T)..

-thetruth

Jet Yi
02-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Anyone heard whether Cingular will allow BlackJack to be upgraded with Windows Mobile 6 and/or Office Mobile? While I like my BlackJack, I miss some of the extras I had with my HP iPAQ.

Jerry Raia
02-13-2007, 04:23 PM
I am betting it won't be upgraded, I hope I am wrong.