View Full Version : Blackjack-- need full browser

twangg
01-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Anyone know any browser softer that is compatable with Blackjack so I can see full webpages rather than being rediected to the mobile version webpages, also that has encoding slection so that I can go to foreign language sites and be able to see them such as tradional chinese?

Thanks

bsoft
01-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Anyone know any browser softer that is compatable with Blackjack so I can see full webpages rather than being rediected to the mobile version webpages, also that has encoding slection so that I can go to foreign language sites and be able to see them such as tradional chinese?

Thanks

You might try Opera (not Opera Mini).

twangg
01-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks..yes I already checked them..they are not compatable..yet,

scottb
01-11-2007, 01:31 AM
You can do a registry hack to change the PIE user agent. That will prevent you from being redirected to mobile sites.

Regarding Opera Mini, it works well when it works. For me, it locks my device up periodically, so I don't use it. I've tried with IBM's J9 Java environment.

Opera for Smartphone 2003 will work, but it's not very good IMHO for a QVGA device--fonts are way too small. It's a memory hog too.

twangg
01-11-2007, 02:14 AM
Thanks...that sound a bit advanced for me. To hack the registry is this easy? If I screw up, am I screwed?

How would you go about changing the registry? Is there a way to back up if it does not work?

Thanks

Tim

twangg
01-11-2007, 02:14 AM
Thanks...that sound a bit advanced for me. To hack the registry is this easy? If I screw up, am I screwed?

How would you go about changing the registry? Is there a way to back up if it does not work?

Thanks

Tim

scottb
01-11-2007, 04:54 AM
Here's a link that explains it pretty well. I would run a backup first if you've never done this--just to be safe. I use Sprite Backup.
http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3442&highlight=user+agent

twangg
01-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks...looked at it. I also saw the message by one person that tried, but did not work and has to find out how to get the registry back to orignal.

Unforutnately I am not a very technical person, although I love gadgets. Is there some service or store that I could go to in NYC that could do this for me. I would rather pay a little and have a professional do it..:) knowing my luck I wold mess it up if I tried it myself.

Cheers

scottb
01-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Sorry, don't know who, or if, someone would do that for you.

Chorazin
01-12-2007, 04:23 PM
You could try Multiie 4.0 (http://www.southwaycorp.net/), it expands the functionality of PocketIE and allows you to change the browser info in the preferences to stop directing you to mobile sites. It also has lots of other great features, like changing the way you scroll through pages on the fly, and full-screen.

scottb
01-13-2007, 12:05 AM
I didn't realize MultieIE supported Smartphone. Thanks.