View Full Version : T-Mobile Dash Questions

fulanito01
01-02-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm debating switching to the Dash after playing with an 8525 for about a week, but I have a few concerns first:

1)Can the today/home screen be scrolled (can more info be displayed than fits on the screen at one time). The 8525 is not landscape, so I worry about losing all the screen estate.

2)Is there a today plugin that is equivalent to todayagenda, which allows you to display individual tasks and calendar appointments on the today screen? Is it freeware?

3)How is video playback on the device? Does TCPMP run action scenes smoothly? I realize that the Dash has half the processor speed of the 8525, but it's also running the smartphone ed. instead, so one can hope :D

4)Once the Joggr is reverted to s620 functionality, can it be keylocked. I hear a lot of ppl complaining about how its always going off in their pocket, which makes me wonder....

Thanks for your time!

scottb
01-03-2007, 01:39 AM
1. Yes, the home screen (Today) can be scrolled if there are more plug-ins than screen real esate.

2. Facade is the only application that can display multiple tasks and appointments on the Smartphone home screen. It's not free, but well worth a few dollars. www.sbsh.net

snowman5373
01-04-2007, 05:21 PM
3. The video playback is excellent for a device this compact. I use a double pass and set the quality to high on all my conversions. When converting I use FairUse ( to get the file into .avi ), then PocketDivx ( with all the extral goodies on and everything maxed ). This process does take a while, but the end result is well worth it. I havent had a single slow down, freeze or skip. There is a SMALL hint of blockiness on colors that are blended, you have to kinda nitpick to really notice. I am using TCPMP for playback.

fulanito01
01-09-2007, 01:24 AM
thanks for the responses folks